Recent posts

Introduce Yourself / Re: New member
Last post by Elandan2 - Today at 09:27 AM
They were built for the 1974 World Expo in Seattle. Here's the brochure.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Images/Winnebago/brochures/1974/74-Expo-bro.pdf

Introduce Yourself / Re: New member
Last post by Oz - Today at 07:53 AM
Welcome! The explorer was a first for Winnebago in the way it looks, getting away from the now iconic "eyebrow" look of their other models.
But the chassis, build, features and accessories are the same. Which is great when it comes to working on them and getting info.

Generators / Re: 4.0 CCK rebuild everything...
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 01:01 AM
where the valves are adjusted..Must remove exhaust and intake manifolds to get to these access covers..I don't think they have ever been adjusted
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 12:59 AM
Pic 1..points for the ignition..burnt!!

Pic 2..Control center electronics..300C859..there is a company called dinosaur electronics on Ebay that has made a replacement for this if needed..

Pic 3..Front shroud and fan removed..Fan was filled with dust..

Pic 4..Cylinder head removed..Plenty of carbon
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 12:54 AM
Pics 1-2 some labels..first one is hard to read

Pic 3-4..just removing covers to see what is under them
Generators / 4.0 CCK rebuild everything pro...
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 12:51 AM
This is the Onan 4.0 CCK gen set out of my 1973 D22 Indian..It needs help..So let's help it..

These 4 pics are a look over of it before starting..
Project Blogs / Re: Mike's 1973 D22 Complete t...
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 12:32 AM
Quote from: Eyez Open on May 08, 2024, 01:22 AMdon't by chance have a mini airless sprayer do you?

Introduce Yourself / New member
Last post by Tjcalaina - May 08, 2024, 09:16 PM
Not sure if I'm doing this right, never joined a forum before. We are super excited to begin restoration on our Winnebago expo 74, just barely found out that's what it is, and read somewhere they only made 500 of them? Hard to find out anything about it, that's for sure.
Last post by Eyez Open - May 08, 2024, 01:22 AM
I've been watching it looks like excellent framing and sculpture. In this vast shop of yours you don't by chance have a mini airless sprayer do you? That would make short and excellent work for your gel coating..Just flat even finishes.
Last post by RockwoodMike - May 08, 2024, 01:07 AM
Inside the box was a slip of paper saying that the new headers shouldn't be used but if you place fans at the headers to cool them off while the engine is running then you should be okay..

When I start my new engine, there will be no mufflers..because the old mufflers won't fit the new headers..So no back pressure..that will help keep the headers cool..

In regards to timing the engine before starting..UTG (uncle Tony's garage) has a video on how to set the timing by having the crank (engine not running) at 30 advanced..I think it is called static timing..

Having a timing light hooked up before start and the distributor locking nut loosened enough to twist it at first moments of running..

Any ways that is a ways off..but it is getting closer!!

Worked some more on the front fiberglass eyebrow..A good sanding is next and the the final gel coat to be applied..