Recent posts

Chevy - GMC Chassis / Re: Holley 670?
Last post by kenwautoone - Today at 03:00 PM
When I bought my 71 Winnebago 413,it had an Avenger 670 on it.It required pretty consistent adjustments.I replaced it with new Carter AFB 625.Just one set of adjustments,7 years ago.It got 2 mpg more.Ive had race cars,hot rods, muscle cars in 50 years of experience....Holleys are made for wot, Carter s are better for street use JMO
Last post by Eyez Open - Today at 09:54 AM
As stated above, it may very well be more cost effective and less complicated to simply rebuild the Quadra jet. A linkage setup can get tricky and expensive, a carb rebuild is about $100 for a DIY job.

Then there is always the chance someone has tinkard with the Holley (jetting) rebuilding the Quadra jet might well be the answer..Lol such is life.
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 09:02 PM
Just be careful of the linkage system..It is very important that the linkage from the carb down to the transmission is correct..If it is not adjusted right, it will burn up your transmission because the line pressures will be off..

As I am finding out, the Q jet is a decent carb..It is just a matter of learning it's systems and tear down procedures..

Plenty of Ytube videos to go over..  Quadrajetpower.com is excellent..

Cliff Ruggles book on the Q jet is great too..
Last post by Eyez Open - Yesterday at 08:00 PM
It will be just fine. Big Cfm carbs are made for higher rpm ranges. Your RV engine would have great difficulty ever reaching 40000 rpm under a load.

Chevy - GMC Chassis / Holley 670?
Last post by probird462 - May 19, 2024, 12:29 AM
Hello.
I have a 1986 class a motorhome with a 454.
I was given a Holley 670 avenger and was wondering if anyone has any experience with one?
Right now it has a jumbled together Rochester qjet the previous owner put on just to get running.
Thanks in advance.
Barry.
Generators / Re: 4.0 CCK rebuild everything...
Last post by RockwoodMike - May 16, 2024, 11:17 PM
Got the engine to the machine shop..Going see if it needs to be bored or just honed..Also a quick valve job

Pic 1..Removed all the brushes from the casting..Drew a good diagram where it all goes together..No crossed wires that way

Pic 2..Empty case to be cleaned and painted

Last post by RockwoodMike - May 16, 2024, 11:13 PM
Cam is out..One rod cap is removed..This has no bearing shells to the rod..Crank looks Great!!
Last post by RockwoodMike - May 16, 2024, 11:11 PM
Pic 1..Small valve spring compressor..A little too small..It struggled to do the job..

Pic 2..One set of valve..spring..keepers..cam follower..

Pic 3..Compressor in action..

Pic 4..With all the valves out..ready to remove cam..Take off thrust washer from the crank first..
Project Blogs / Re: Mike's 1973 D22 Complete t...
Last post by RockwoodMike - May 14, 2024, 10:24 AM
Pic 1-2..Bought these wire loom anchors from Ebay..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303821567523?

Tape them to the loom and use a 5/16 hole to anchor them in place.

Pic 3..All done..
Project Blogs / Re: Mike's 1973 D22 Complete t...
Last post by RockwoodMike - May 14, 2024, 10:20 AM
Created the wire harness for the fuel tank system..

2 fuel pumps and 2 fuel tank sending units..

Pic 1..I use to work at an auto wrecking yard and recycling center..and one day someone brought in a container of wire..Yea you know the rest..This container has been stored for over 25 years and I am finally going to use it to create the wiring I need..

Pic 2..You should hold the wire loom straight while you wrap it..

Pic 3..Using Tesa Tape..51036..This is the good stuff..Very hard to tear and very abrasive resistant..You have to cut it with scissors..

German made tape..Nothing better to make custom looms..