I'll bet you never saw this before! Fuel shut off switch under dash. FACTORY!!!

Started by Rickf1985, July 26, 2014, 07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

I found this while trying my level best to figure out how to get to the blasted heater control vacuum lines. This is on a metal plate over the gas pedal. It is basically another firewall close to the dashboard. it was tough getting pictures. The first pic is to give you an idea of where I was. A couple of the pictures are laying on my side. I made sure to get the pedals in some of them to give some perspective. I also show the ends of the wires where obviously someone figured it was not a brilliant idea to have a button where nobody knows about it. I have never read anything about a button there, anyone else?

Rickf1985

On this one here you can just barley see the label at the top of the picture at the top center.

pvoth1111

Button no....light yes....indicates electric fuel pump power.......
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

Rickf1985

Quote from: pvoth on July 27, 2014, 07:38 AM
Button no....light yes....indicates electric fuel pump power.......
You are correct, I turned turtle again and checked it out and it is a light. It felt like a button since it was loose. NOW? what does it hook up too? My pump works fine so it has to be an indicator circuit. I have a green and purple wire hanging down but too far forward and no power at any time. They are 14 gauge wires. I also have a green and black coming up from below through the floor at the e-brake cable pass through. They have been cut off and looped around and the black wire is marked with a tape marker "B". All this just to hook up trailer brakes! That brake switch is a bear to get to!!! If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on any of this feel free to speak up.
Oh yea, I found out the heater controls did not work because the supply vacuum line is broken off. just another fun thing to fix. Somebody has really been in this thing before! Glad I have all the receipts so I know where NOT to go! W%