85 Holiday Rambler mystery fuse

Started by TripleJ, April 22, 2014, 02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleJ

This is located in the area under the couch, right behind the driver seat.  I have no idea what it could be for.
The fuse isn't blown, just the terminal is disconnected.  I don't know if it was accidental of if it was done on purpose so I thought I'd ask first. Any ideas?

'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

Stripe

I have nothing.  On my rig that is where the inverter was before I replaced it with a newer (and much smaller in size)unit. I wonder.  Do the wires go down into your battery bank? Maybe the PO had a bass box and amp back there pumpin' the tunez?

Otherwise, hook it up..  :laugh:   Make sure your extinguisher is close.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

M & J

Try to trace the wiring before hooking it up.......
M & J

Froggy1936

!-! That is the master connection for the Self Destruct syestem ! There is a button somewhere near the driver that starts the countdown (when the fuse is connected) It will cause complete destuction of the R/V ( mostly used for tick infestation or severe black mold) I think you have 3 min. to evacuate after start of sequence.  :laugh:  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Stripe

Lol, Frank..  I now have the self destruct voice from "Aliens" stuck in my head. "You now have 2 minutes to reach MINIMUM safe distance...".

But like OldrockandRoller says, trace the lines.  And like I said, if the battery bank is in the same spot as mine, those go down into it..  I doubt they are OEM but then your RV is a year younger than mine.  In fact I would not be surprised if that was part of a towing light system..
Fredric,

circleD

That looks like the electric seat fuse. Maybe they decided to put it there because its easier to get to because it tripped a lot. Maybe a short somewhere? Sometimes people redo things to fit their needs on RVs  W%  just saying.

TripleJ

Innnnteresting. My power seat doesn't work so that might make sense... I haven't traced it yet obviously...  Thanks for the tip

Stripe

be odd if'n it were for the power seat as mine has a bank of three..  Course yours is a year newer so who knows?
Fredric,

circleD

I know it sounds weird but it is a single fuse and it looks like the one in the compartment. See if it has power on one side of it. If not then trace the wires down. It looks like a blade fuse holder in that mess.

Stripe

Hm? Hmm.. I forgot about the main fuse for the power seat that is in the battery compartment, but that is a self resetting thermal breaker, not a fuse.
It may be that is what is SUPPOSED to be in that fuse holder as the thermal breaker socket on the 'Goose' could accommodate a tube fuse. Would explain why the PO unhooked it as it will constantly blow fuses.

BTW here is a link to the fuses under the seathttp://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,9051.msg45952.html#msg45952

And here is a link to a tech article I wrote while writing this reply.. :D
http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=9529.new#new

As soon as I find the photos, I will post how the wires go into the wafer that the switches plug into.

So, if you have the power seat and it ain't workin' this may be the culprit..
Fredric,

circleD

I knew someone would paste a link because I tried and couldn't. I have a regular fuse in my holder.

circleD

And the wires went tooooooooooo............????????????????

TripleJ

Lol. It's still a mystery. I've been replacing dang near every part behind the radiator for the last while. Hope to resume interior shenanigans soon.

circleD

I understand my friend, I really do.  :). When you work on one thing and need a part or run out of time you start on something else later then repeat the cycle until you have ALOT of unfinished projects  :)rotflmao. That's how mines going anyway  :)ThmbUp

Oz

And all the vintage RVers said, "Amen!"
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

lngfish

If you don't have at least 4 or 5 jobs going at ON once you're not multi-tasking properly and Multi-Tasking enables you to pick the select current smoothest job.

lngfish

fasteddie313

Yep, I like to have a lot of pans on the fryer at the same time so I can still get a lot of work done while budget prohibits progress on others, and that way I know what I need so instead of going to the hardware store and buying every little piece I need I end up seeing an opportunity to pick parts and materials up on the cheaps instead of flat out buying everything.. It helps me be frugal..

And on topic in my 81 HR the only wires that come up under the couch behind the driver's seat are generator wires, your wires may be genny wires too..

TripleJ

Whelp! Since this thread came back up, I might as well clear up the mystery... It was the fuse holder for my power driver seat.  W%

I don't know why it is in that location, but Im pretty sure its factory.  ANYHOW the couch is gone now, a new daybed style contraption is taking shape in its place. pics soon :)ThmbUp

Oz

Good to hear.  It's important to revisit questions asked when they've been resolved and let everyone know what the answer was.

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

circleD

Finally I was right about something!!!!