LED lights dim

Started by weretrees, February 23, 2013, 07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weretrees

Put 2 new LED light fixture in RV. Now one bulb on each light is dimmer then the other. This usually means low battery for led's in a flashlight, but these are hard wired. So have any of you guys come across this?
Wannabango

ClydesdaleKevin

None of our LED fixtures are malfunctioning, and I've done a lot of research and replaced most of the fixtures in the RV with LEDs, including about half of the florescent Thin Lite bulbs.  What kind of fixtures are you talking about?

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

weretrees

They are the little plastic led replacements that look somewhat like the originals. The one above the dinette has two bulbs. One is dim. The other single light that is lower down above the table is dimmer too. Im going to try and swap the bulbs around and see what happens.

Wannabango

weretrees

Wannabango

moonlitcoyote

Dont ask me, I tried out just 1 led bulb to see if I liked it and the whole thing went goofy. Only 1/2 of it lights up now. They are way too expensive to deal with crap like that. imo

ClydesdaleKevin

Research is everything with LED bulbs.  You need to get a good brand like Star Lites, and then make sure the lumens are the right amount and the color of the light is similar compared to a traditional incandescent.  I put up a whole detailed post about it a while ago, including links to where to buy them at the best prices I found so far. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.