Anyone using Kirkland batteries?

Started by joanfenn, March 24, 2015, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

Time to replace batteries in both the motor home and the travel trailer. (ouch)  Any one using the Kirkland brand?  How are they working for you?

legomybago

The only Kirkland battery I've purchased turned out to be a leaker....It still works good, I think its 3-4 years old in the little ladies car, but I have to clean it off with baking soda every so often...I've had good luck with Interstate, and Bi-Mart batteries. They probably all come from the same manufacturing plant anyway...
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

khantroll

I have read on the internet good things about "Costco" batteries, which I understand to be Kirkland batteries. I don't have any personal experience with them though.

However, according to the Internet, they are made by Johnson Controls, which is the manufacturer of Interstate Batteries. I have a lot of experience with those, as one of my friends is a distributor for them. Because of that, my RV and all of my vehicles use them. I have never had a problem with any of them.

Cheers,
Jeff

72-d24

We put 4 Costco golf cart batteries on the rig last month. I don't have much experience with them as they are still new. However, we have put them to the test a few times, and each time, we still have plenty of power days after parking the rig. This includes freely using the TV (22" low-watt DC), lights (LEDs), LP, furnace, and charging the computer. The rig is wired for a $2000 inverter, which we do not have, so we don't use an inverter while boondocking.

We seemed to run them down one time, but I think that was our fault. We set our battery control switch to 1 (Coach/golf cart batteries are in bay one; starting/old batteries are in bay 2) while driving, thinking we were only charging the coach batteries that way (starting batteries were charged). It seems that the alternator only charges when set to ALL.

These Costco batteries were the cheapest (by far) of any that we could find locally, and they get very good reviews. So far, I'm very happy with the purchase.

ibdilbert01

I have interstate workaholics golf cart batteries in my rig, I've killed them plenty of times and they are still running strong, am thinking they are on their 7th year. 
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

joanfenn

Ok, bought two for the coach and two for the trailer.  Didn't realize that there was an older one in the trailer already that seemed to be working well.  So am not too worried about using them again.  Tanks for everyone's input.

TerryH

"Tanks"  :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao to you for the update!!!!!
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore