New Member from Kentucky

Started by jbragg, December 25, 2014, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbragg

Hello everyone. New member from Kentucky. Recently purchased a 1987 Winnebago Elandan. Need a little work, but all in all seems to be a pretty solid rv. This is our first motorhome, so we are new to the rving world. I'm sure I'll be picking as many brains as I can before this project is through.
Jim & Angel
1987 Winnebago Elandan 37RQ
Kentucky

LJ-TJ

Well let me be one of the first to welcome you to the funny farm. You've found a good bunch of Mates here and a wealth of information. The only stupid question here is the one you don't ask.

joev

Welcome to this great form and these great people that will help you as much as we can. Congrates on the purchase of your RV and happy renos  Happy RVing  the first trip you will never forget. It will be stuck in your head forever.

M & J

And welcome from a fellow rv'r in Kentucky. We're about 3 hours east of you right off I64.
M & J

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

HamRad Mobile

Good morning, jbragg from Kentucky; 

(1.)  Welcome to the CWVRV Group.  (2.)  Happy Boxing Day. 

I also approve of your choice of motor home RV.  I too have a 1987 Winnebago Elandan.  This one is the model WCP31RT which is 32 feet 4 inches long.  Now it is into its second year here in the household, and I admit that it has been a trial.  It is taking some work to restore it.  Most of the difficulty stems from the lack of general inside-the-coach maintenance by the three previous owners.  The engine and chassis had been treated very well.  It is feeling much better now, after all the effort to make things work again.  And I admit that there have been some upgrades also, such as conversion to LED lighting inside, and that will move to the outside lighting also for the side and marker lighting.  It has been out a few times this year, venturing out as far as about 400 miles.  The plans for this coming Summer extend out to 1,350 miles. 

You may notice that there are many other 1987 vintage vehicles on this forum.  The late 1980s seems to have been a good era.  You will find a lot of information for yours in the Chassis Forum in the special section for the Chevy/GMC P30.  There is a lot of experience on this forum that you can ask about. 

Enjoy; 

Ralph 
          Latte Land, Washington