Part Number for Tag axle shear springs?

Started by Pogo397, April 01, 2014, 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

So what springs did you end up using?

Pogo397

They are going to call me on Wednesday to make sure these are the correct springs. I pull a 32' enclosed trailer, so it's important I have the correct springs.

Rickf1985

I am curios how you pull such a monster trailer with that chassis. the weight rating for the trailer is 3500lb.s trailer weight and 350 lbs tongue weight. I want to pull a much smaller trailer and I am trying to figure out how to do it.

Stripe

I pull a 2000 Land Rover DII, weighs about 5.6K lbs so pulling a 3500lb trailer should be a breeze.. :D
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Pogo397

I have pulled that car trailer for 15 plus year never had a problem. I just reinforced the frame last week due to hearing bad stories of frames breaking. I also bought a trailer toads couple years ago.

ClydesdaleKevin

The trailer toad makes all the difference...it eliminates the tongue weight.

Don't let them talk you into keeping those crappy light weight springs though.  You need the ones that are the part number I gave you.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Any word on this?  I'm curious how Mor/Ryde handles this.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Pogo397

They are sending me the correct springs. They said some mor Rydes couldn't use them because they are a 1-1/2" wider. Hoping to install them in a week or so.

ibdilbert01

The narrower ones VS the wider ones:

They no longer make the narrower ones using two bolted together.   Thats probably why they are sending out the other kind.   If they had the proper rubber mix design, they probably would actually be ok.   The cement trucks use the wider pads that look exactly like ours, but the mix is firmer.   
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

ClydesdaleKevin

I just know that the mechanics that did our work just shook their heads at the ineptitude of the sales reps, saying that all the old 2 piece Mor/Ryde springs from tag axles should be replaced by the 2 piece version, never the newer one piece version.

Glad they are sending you the right springs!

Kev