1985 Winnebago Chieftain 27ft headlight replacement

Started by Joeyolo, September 14, 2023, 05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeyolo

Haaaaay,... :)clap

I have a 1985 Winnebago Chieftain 27ft V8 7.4L

Can someone please help me and tell me what type of headlight bulb to use to replace my broken ones.. 1 out of mmthe 4 work lol

And what type of bulbs go into the front turn signals and the rear turn signals please.

Also I need a new belt cause mine is giving off a really bad high pitch noise  and I can't seem to find what type or kind of belt I would need to replace my worn out one.

And one more thing. My steering wheel makes a loud pitch noise when I go to turn my RV both left and right.. and the powers steering is tough to turn the steering wheel

One more thing ... Can anyone please tell me how the wiring is supposed to go for the ONAN Emerald 1 generator switch I can't find info on it no where ,😭

BigAlsVehicleEmporium

Joeyolo,

I can't help you with specific bulb numbers, but if you have yours, they should have numbers on them. Bulb numbers aren't specific to a certain manufacturer usually, so if your rear bulbs say 1157 on them, then you can go to the auto parts store and get 1157 bulbs.

Belts are another thing that can be tricky to get right the first time. Different engine & accessory combinations can make it difficult even with factory parts manual. My best advice is to take your belt off and hand it to the parts guy and say you want one of these. They'll measure it and should be able to get you what you need. You might even be able to read a part number on the belt.

Power steering whine could be as simple as low power steering fluid. There will be a belt driven pump with a cap that has a dipstick on it. You can check it that way, with the engine off. There's usually a hot and a cold line, so use whichever is appropriate. If you've got plenty of fluid then it might be the pump, but I'd just be guessing. If your belt is slipping, I'd get that replaced and properly tightened first as that can affect steering effort.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the generator switch because I need the same info! I'm going to have to test mine to figure out the pinout of it. If you post a picture of the front and back of hours, if it's the same as mine I'll let you know what I find when I ohm out mine.
1972 Winnebago Brave D20 - 413 V8, A727, Dana 70
"That leaves only me to blame, 'cause mama tried!"

Elandan2

You can get the wiring diagram from Winnebago customer service. It will show the wire colours (or numbers if they had switched to that system) and how they are hooked up to the generator switch.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck