My new toy!!

Started by Lefty, January 16, 2014, 03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lefty

After 6 looong years wanting a new PC, I finally got the go-ahead to build the one I wanted. (within a $1,000 budget- strictly enforced  ;) ).

Specs:
Case- Rosewill Galaxy 2 Gaming Case
Motherboard- Asus M5A97 rev. 2.0 ATX Unlocked Gamer Edition
Processor- AMD FX-6300 Black Edition. 3.5Ghz, 6-Core  Unlocked
Memory- Kingston Genisys HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz Gaming Memory  8Gb (2X4Gb modules)
Power Supply- Antec 450w 80+ bronze w/ dual 12v rails
Graphics- EVGA Nvidea GTX 650 ti 1Gb
Hard Drive- Two WD Blue SATA III 1TB drives in RAID 0 for OS, 1- 2TB Toshiba SATA III for storage
Optical- Lite-On Sata CD/DVD-RW drive
Monitor- Asus 24" 2ms HDMI LED Gaming Edition
Keyboard- Sharkoon Skiller Gaming Keyboard
Mouse- Anker 8200dpi, 9- button, Precision Laser Gaming Mouse

OS- Windows 8.1 64 bit

few more pics:

I came out at $1,049.78 for everything. Which was as close as I could get to being in budget and still get everything. Had to make a few minor sacrifices for now... I originally wanted a 600w or larger power supply, and a better processor cooling system (maybe water cooling) so I could overclock it to take advantage of the 4.5Ghz+ that the Black Edition FX-6300's are capable of... and I'd have rather have got a 250Gb solid state drive for the OS (the Wd 1TB drives were on sale for $51.99 and also had a $20 ea. rebate... making them just $31.99 ea!!!), and I really wanted a new set of speakers :(. But, those are all things I can get later on, as money permits. I love it so far.
It will play pretty much any game made on High Quality @ 1900X1080. I've got Assasins Creed Black Flag, Call of Duty Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Elder Scrolls Skyrim Legendary Edition,and Dirt 3 on it... It runs all of them at 60+fps... So it's not even breathing hard to play them. :D

Now that it's all set up and I'm thru testing everything, I'm going to go back and re-route the wiring inside the case to make everything neat & tidy. Don't want anything obstructing the airflow in the case. Plus, it just bugs me...lol I guess I'm a little bit OCD hehe! I'll post a new inside shot afterwards.

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

ClydesdaleKevin

Looks like an awesome setup!  Except the mouse is on the wrong side... :)rotflmao

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

M & J

It looks like Alienware. Well Done.
M & J

Lefty

"Looks like an awesome setup!  Except the mouse is on the wrong side... :)rotflmao

Kev"

lol

And thanks... I can tell you this much, it's waaaay faster than my old Dell I been using..

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...