Getting the brakes working on my 1969 D22

Started by Takenover83, July 03, 2013, 05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takenover83

From my understanding, this unit has been sitting a long time. But it does run and drive. Fair warning. My auto knowledge is limited.I can change pads, bleed, oil, etc...

The brake pedal is to the floor. I found the brake reservoir with the help of this forum. It was bone dry. Barely anything on my finger when I stuck it down there. So I filled it up, bleed the front brakes. Lots of air coming out. I have a little more pedal now but still no brakes. I read something about a Brake Booster? Needs blead? Where is this?

Oz

Very good info on how to do that available.  If you have boosters, there is definitely a method you need to follow in order to get the air out and ensure you are bleeding the complete system.

First:
Enter - bleed brake - in the message search.

Also, you can enter - pedal floor

Be sure the drop-down next to the search box says, "Entire Forum".  If you have additional questions about any topic you read for info, simply post a reply on what you're reading!

If you don't have a chassis manual, I would suggest gettting the downloadable 1969 - 1973 Dodge Chassis Sevice Manual from the club store. 
http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=store;sa=view;id=144

Not only is it indispensible to have, you also get a year's Full Member upgrade which also gives you access to many more manuals and diagrams and more site feature access.

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca