Here's my video walk around

Started by Thenoob, September 29, 2014, 05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenoob

Wow what a trip!

Flew to calgary to pickup my new to me 73 dodge d18.  Spent 2 days tuning engine and learning the coach.

Then rolled out over the Rocky Mountains and cruised the whole way back to Vancouver.  Finished cleaning it out for the most part, here's a video tour.

Any advice or info you want to relay, give er.  What a fun drive that was.  She purred and cruised the whole way.

http://youtu.be/7YJih2C3m04

Enjoy!

circleD

Nice rig. Lucky man to be able to drive that far and not have a break down on a new to you RV. I'm not trying to jenks you or anything. There's a checklist on the site you can use to find out what needs work. My thinking is don't do anything cosmetic to the rig till you've used a few times so you know what you need and not want. I've got a feeling we'll see some good post from you. Good luck man and congratulations!!

Thenoob

Thanks!!

I basically know what I should be switching out after lurking here for awhile.  I'm familiar with all the appliances etc.

Would like to re-plumb everything as far as water goes/tanks.  That's my first big one, then find a good used furnace and fridge.

sasktrini

That's awesome!  It's in real good shape!
Corey aka sasktrini

xerofall

I have a 73 D20 Brave and I kinda wished the bathroom was in the rear like yours, in mine it's directly behind the driver's seat, so I cannot move the seat back or swivel it. So I end up making a weird, awkward move in and out of the RV. It's also difficult to stand around the toilet while showering... people from the 70's must've been shorter and skinnier than me!!! Ha.

However, it's nice that I have a nice big ol bed back there. 

Thenoob

Ya it's cool having your bed back there for sure.  Don't know what I want more a bathroom or dedicated bedroom, I lean towards what I have now.  Don't mind sleeping in the main area I guess.

Plus were not going to use the toilet in here if we can help it , don't really want to deal with that "stuff" if possible lol.

acenjason

To answer a question from the video. If the fridge is from 1973 it probably uses a concentrated ammonia as a refrigerant. Be careful as it is very toxic. On a light note, what a gorgeous rig. Your a lucky man:) I spend many happy hours working on and camping in my 75 d21 Brave:) Welcome to the club!:)

JessEm

Looking on the bright side, I'd rather have to potentially replace the fridge and furnace than chase down electrical problems. Just my .02. Sweet rig.