Need source for 1972 M300 brake line kit

Started by JohnnyD111, June 16, 2011, 11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyD111

Anyone know if they make, or where i can find a brake line kit for an 1972 M300 chassis?
New project: 1972 wayfarer

LJ-TJ

Awwww my first stop would be N.A.P.A. in the States. Find the old timer back in the parts department. There the guys you want to talk to. I've all ways had Grrreat LUCK with the N.A.PA. boy's

DaveVA78Chieftain

Just the metal brake line?  That is a generic replacement.  Just this week I replaced one of the lines from the master cylinder to the proportion valve.  Mine was a very small 3/16" line.  They do not make a long brake line with the large ends for that size.  Had to get two 12"  short sections with the correct ends and join them 2 a 50" long section with 2 unions.  Then I purchased a tubing bender from Pep Boys and bent to shape.  Most tubing benders cost about $6.  I do not care for those low budget ones because the small tubing still gets kinked.  The better one runs around $16 and has seperate sections for 3 different size tubes.  Even though the smallest it is advertized to handle is 1/4" it worked fine on my 3/16" tubing.
The rubber hoses at the wheels should be avaialble from NAPA.

Dave
[move][/move]