Furnace Burner goes out

Started by Rogerslvnv, March 13, 2010, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogerslvnv

I got a chance today to go out and check out some of the systems in the Brave this morning. The Furnace has an odd problem, I did a forum search and saw stuff about the pilot not staying lit but that's not whats going on. Here's my problem. on my furnace( I assume it's the original Coleman) after you have pushed the red button for a minute to make it ignite, the burner can be seen all lit up through the sight glass and after about ten seconds or so it fizzles out and goes out leaving the blower running and blowing cold air. any tips as to what to check??

DaveVA78Chieftain

Have you read the thread "Anatomy of a Furnace"?
Pilot Model section is at http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2640.msg5111#msg5111

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

Dave is right on the money.  The troubleshooting guides we have available should be your first place to look for answers. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rogerslvnv

thanks guys!!! looks like i need to check the sail switch and the limit switch since i know the t-stat works. i appreciate the help, i'll try and search a little deeper next time around before i ask. 

Oz

Depending on the brand and model you have, the service manual may be in the Resources section.  When you get it figured out, let us know what the fix was.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca