Does the Built in central vacuum really work?

Started by firebug911, December 07, 2008, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firebug911

Sent: 2/9/2006

I was at a wrecking yard looking at a few motor homes the other day (looking for stuff better than what I have) and found a big motorhome Georgie Boy. It had a central vac. system in it, and it looked brand new, had all of the attachments and 6 bags... I talked the guy down to 25 bucks so I have it now... Do these work good? I noticed that these sell for over 300 bucks and couldn't pass it up for 25. The brand on it is " Small Wonder". I streched it out on the work bench and it has incredible suction... now if I can just play dumb and tell my wife that I dunno how to operate it.

78omni

Sent: 2/12/2006

Yes they work well. I have one in my RV and I use it quite a bit. Sorry I dont use it but the wife does.
78 Omni ---Peter

vbazinet

I have the orginal vac in my 72 and it works as well as my house vac.  See pics. in my gallery.

Beachcomber

Yes, works like a darn, especially considering all the dirt and twigs and stuff that gets tracked in while camping. My wife was thrilled to "discover it" was standard equipment on the unit, and we often enjoy the curious questions from less lucky campers when we use it in the campground. Certainly a worthwhile purchase.

ClydesdaleKevin

We were thinking about central vac, but then I bought my wifey an Oreck Buster...the new style.  It works better than my shop vac!  And its small enough to stow in a drawer!  Also got her an Oreck mixer, and she says its the best mixer she ever had.  Gotta love Oreck!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.