Family vacation advise for the Redwoods and Yosemite

Started by eddie, August 01, 2013, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie

Hi everyone! I'm taking my wife and youngest on a trip from Portland Oregon to the Redwoods, and then on to Yosemite. We leave the end of August and want advise on where the most awesome areas to stay may be. We are going to pull a tent trailer  D:oH! on this trip. Don't laugh! :)rotflmao Any advise? I want to spend 2-3 days in the Redwoods, then on to Yosemite for 4-5 days. I'd LOVE river access/camp site and mountain biking. Thanks in advance! John
www.apexautospa.com

Check it-Boom

legomybago

Any of the State camp ground parks near the border of CA/OR are beautiful. This time of year they are slammed though. I dont think they allow mtn bikes or dogs on 99% of the trail systems in "there" parks though...We usually park the motorhome at Redwoods RV Resort...its south....about a mile from the Smith River, and a few miles from a nice beach access. :)ThmbUp  The Redwoods camp ground is about 10 miles north of Cresent City, CA and 12 miles south of Brookings OR. There is alot of big tree viewing in this area
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

legomybago

Harris Beach is beautiful......The southern oregon and northern california coast is awesome. Dont tell anyone.....cause all it does is rain here, and in the summer we burn up!! Truth
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy