What Chasis do I have

Started by PAULAMERSON29, April 22, 2013, 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULAMERSON29

I just bought a 86 Winnebago Chieftain and was wanting to know exactly what chasis I have, once I find that out I need to ask questions regarding it in the correct forum.

Thanks
Paul

Stripe

Hey Paul, fellow washingtonian here (Seattle)  Just got myself a RV from a guy in Puyallup myself..
To find out what chassis you have look on the wall to the left of the drivers seat, or under the drivers side window or just behind the drivers side window. It's going to be in that area, or sometimes around the entry door on the inside. It's usually a silver sticker that will have all relevant info pertinent to your rigs chassis including VIN, Chassis, GVWR even what coach body (usually a separate sticker right above or below main sticker). It should look similar to the photo attached to this response. 
Hope this helps.

Coachman

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

Most likely it is a Chevy/GMC P30 though it could possibly be a John Deere (Oskosh) chassis.  As Coachman said, locating the VIN number plate information is the first step in defining the chassis type.

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

And the VIN decoders for Chevy, Dodge and Ford are on the main chassis page which shows each of the chassis boards individually. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca