Intro new to the forum

Started by Turbodime, February 18, 2014, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbodime

Hello everyone. My name is Aaron and my new to the forum. I'm a new owner of my first RV.  It's a '90 Holiday Rambler Imperial 33CS. I'm mid forties and my wife and I have 6 kids from 6-15 and it's time to make some lasting memories.  We have a three week trip planned next year around June that will take us to orange beach, AL and then head north to lake of the ozarks, MO. We live in Mesa, AZ.

Two weeks back I was searching thru craigslist for a 25'  toy hauler to pull behind our suburban. I figured it would be nice to haul our own house around with us on our trip. In between trailers I kept seeing these RV's for really good prices. I changed my search and within an hour I was on the horn calling around. We looked at the Rambler and we both said this is the one.

It's a low miles with only 24k on the clock and gen has only 27hrs.  I'm a Maintenance Mechanic and I know sitting s four times as hard on equipment then if it had seen 5k a year.
I went thru the whole unit and it's in really good condition with 95% of what I looked at is in good serviceable condition. Previous owners picked up to be used as a place for company to sleep. Both coach a/c work fridge freezer works and all lights and switches work. Chassis is a P30 with a 454ci Rochester and Turbo 400.
60gal tank has 3/8" thick blanket of sludge in it. It has very little rust just varnish and sludge. I have it at a local shop getting cleaned.
Mechanical pump was replaced and now I need to figure out where to find a three port sender. I'll wear the search button out I imagine:)

I'll try and post our adventures with bringing the BRT back to life. We bought the robin Williams movie RV and my kids already gave it it's nic name.

I think it's a beaut of an RV and is very well made. What can live outside for 23yrs and not have a water leak.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and thank you to those that have posted great maintenance write-ups. This is the best forum I have found.

Aaron

ClydesdaleKevin

Welcome to the Forum!  You got lucky with your Holiday Rambler being a 1990...it was still made by Holiday Rambler when they were their own company at the top of their game!

Again, welcome!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Lefty

Welcome to the group. Sounds like a nice rig,can't wait for pictures. That'll be a nice trip. hope you guys have a blast.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

HandyDan

Another HR!  Mark might have to rename the website. LOL   Welcome to the club.  The "RV" movie is required watching.  Another good one is "The Millers" but I wouldn't suggest the kids watch it.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Stripe

What Dan said..  :D

So, yeah, HR population seems to be boosting..  What gives? Hm?
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DonD

Welcome.

Actually HR was owned by Harley Davidson in '90....Vroom.  Are ya gonna chop it?   W%
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Turbodime

Thanks for the the warm welcome.  As far being an excess of HR's you can thank ClydesdaleKevin for his awesome posts on his rig. This is what brought me to this forum after a search for info.
My grandma was a Winnebago fan and she had 4 of them over 30yrs and her last one being a Minnie Winnie Toyota.  Lots of good memories going on trips with her.
Funny, not going to chop it but maybe some straight pipes and get rid of the MorRyde and make it a hard tail :)

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks!  HRs were awesome back in the day.  Now they suck.  If I was going to buy a new rig on a budget, it would definitely be Winnebago/Itasca.  If I was rich, it would be a custom Prevost...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

KEVIN LIES!  If'n he were rich, he'd get himself a Sea King helicopter!

Am I wrong???  ???

But Enough talky, talky. More Photography!
Fredric,

DaveVA78Chieftain

Nope.  It has the tear drop shape and mini sail up top.  All he would need to do is paint it black.

Dave

PS - I think it was mostly made of aluminum  (HR influence?)
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

ClydesdaleKevin

LMAO!  If I had my druthers and the wifey would let me, I'd convert a 6x6 80s 5 ton military truck into an RV.  No doubt about it.  She's not really onboard with the idea though...lol!

Kev

Stripe

Fredric,

Oz

I love the awining on the heli.  That's what makes the whole thing believable.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Bet you didn't know this. Hm?

• Flying Winnebago
    April 1, 2013
    [/size] [/size]"In the 1970s, the Itasca Division of Winnebago Industries actually built, certified, and sold the flying and floating Heli-Camper, advertised as “the most dramatic, comfortable, convenient and unique RV in the world.” (Floats were optional, though, and the porch was more of a screened awning that scrolled out for use with lawn chairs.) In the late 1970s, the lumbering offspring of a joint effort by Winnebago and Orlando Helicopter Airways, renamed Heli-Home, appeared on TV, starred in an RV trade show, and fluttered onto the pages of Time, Popular Mechanics, and Popular Science." D:oH!

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

M & J

Yup. Been there, seen that (before).
M & J