Where is the 110v plug for the fridge?

Started by Maccus4, December 13, 2008, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maccus4

Sent: 10/4/2003 10:23 PM

I have a 74 D19 and have been using the gas function for the fridge, Works fine. Tonight I went to check the 110VAC hookup. Checked the instructions and one of the first things it says is to plug in the power cord. Went around to the back of the fridge and sure enough there is the power cord. I do not see a 110V outlet in the fridge compartment. Looks like there was never one. All the other RVs I have had have a 110V outlet in the rear of the fridge compartment to plug in the cord for the fridge. If the cord is to be pluged into someplace outside the compartment I would think that there would be a hole or something like that for the cord to exit the compartment.........there is not. There are no indications of any outlet ever having been there. The fridge looks like an orignal installation not an add on.

Is this the way that the MH came? Is this normal? Are other D19s this way? It will be a simple task to put a outlet in the compartment..no problem I just thought it strange none was there.

Gene Mc

denisondc

Sent: 10/5/2003 3:34 PM

I went out to look at my 72 D22. The 110v cord runs up to an outlet mounted well above the outside access hatch, on the outer wall, and totally out of sight. Its a duplex outlet that doesn't even stick out from the wall surface, and I would never have found it were I not following the cord with my fingers! But thats how mine plugs in. And I now know where there is a spare outlet when i need to plug in a trouble light outside, in addition to the outlet you get to by opening down the rear door. Thanks for getting me to go and look. denison

Oz

Sent: 10/5/2003 7:19 PM

I just went out and checked where you said to look and sure enough that is where the outlet is. One sure cannot see it from looking in the door. Have to feel for it. I will use that outlet for the fridge. Thanks. I had just finished adding a waterproof switchable outlet which I tapped off the outlet on the wall buy the little table so I now have a nice spare outlet which I can see when I open the fidge compartment door. Drilled a hole in the center of the outside wall from the fridge compartrment to the table outlet and ran the wires between the inside wall and the outside wall. Made a nice looking installation. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

james

Sent: 10/15/2003 1:13 PM

The plug is located up kinda high....

James O.

Thenoob

Gotta be the absolute worst place for that plug!!

TerryH

Unless you are or are friends with an octopus. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Thenoob

Ya I spent. About an hourlast week trying to figure it out when I bought my brave, found it and it was a what in the world moment