Who made my Class A?

Started by cncsparky, November 28, 2013, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cncsparky

I just got the title for my coach and was wondering about the manufacturer.  The graphics on the side says CrossCountry by Sportscoach.  The title says make 'Fleetwood' and model 'PaceArrow'.  I don't know much about the histories of coach manufacturers, who owned or bought who through the years.  Anyone know?

The literature I have says this is a 1988 coach on a 1987 chassis, which is fairly normal I understand.  The title lists year as 1987, is this correct?
-Tom

Lefty

Sportscoach is a RV manufacturer that still produces the Cross Country model to this day. It is not affiliated with Pace Arrow or Fleetwood at all.

If the vin number or chassis number on the title matches your coach, then most likely the mistake was made at some point in the coaches ownership history when a DMV clerk used drop down menu's to put the make/model info in for the new title. Sportscoach may not have been listed as an option on the drop down menu, so the clerk simply picked one. They should have manually added the make/model info in instead.. but clerks are typically very lazy.. and unwilling to exert the energy required to type in 15-20 keystrokes by hand.
This can usually be corrected at your local licensing location by requesting it. You may have to physically take the coach down there and show them the vin number matches the title, but the make/model does not match what's actually on the coach.

Contact your local DMV and tell them the issue and see what they need from you to get it corrected. EX: Signed affidavit, prior tag receipts showing Sportscoach and not PaceArrow, physically bringing the coach to them so they can verify the Vin...etc
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

cncsparky

Thanks. I will verify that the VIN matches the title.  Guess I should try to straighten it out.  The coach was inherited from FIL.
-Tom