How many RV's or campers have you owned?

Started by Lefty, April 18, 2012, 12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lefty

Just curious on the extent of experience our members have in owning RV's. Please count any type of camper or RV that you have owned, excluding tents.
Also, if you wish after voting, list the campers you have owned.
                                                                       Lefty
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Lefty

I've owned seven.

1:1990 Fleetwood  8' pop-up
2:1985 Fleetwood Terry Taurus 23' travel trailer
3:1973 Nomad 23' travel trailer
4:1968 Serro Scotty 13' travel trailer
5:1976 Winnebago Chieftain D27MI
6:1973 Winnebago Brave D18
7:1988 Georgie Boy Cruise Air II 28'

Alaskan Itasca

I've owned two. I got into the RV hobby when a friend and I co-bought the 1978 Ford Midas Class C 3 summers ago. Scheduling between 2 families was a bit a cumbersome and we could never go camping at the same time with one rig, so last fall we decided to exercise the buyout agreement we made when we bought it and he bought me out and I picked up my current 1978 Itasca which I have not yet actually taken camping yet....

1) 23 ft. 1978 Class C Ford Midas
2) 27ft 27ft Class A Chevy Itasca
1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E

tiinytina

1972 Coleman Calypso pop up which was my parents
1987 Tiffin Allegro "Gone to the Dawgs"

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

HandyDan

I've owned 6.  The two I had the most fun with was the Coleman Pop-up and the Fan Trailer.  The Nomad rotted and the Tioga just wasn't big enough.  I've poured the most money into the Holiday Rambler and I bought the Jayco as a boondocker for the Oshkosh air-show.  I've camped a lot in various tents even when I had the RV's.  It just depended on the circumstances.  For example, you can't pull a camper behind an airplane. 
197? Coleman Pop-up
1978 Nomad 18' Trailer
1986 Fan 21' Trailer
1982 Tioga Arrow 24' Class C
1884 Holiday Rambler Imperial 32' Class A
1995 Jayco 1206 Pop-up

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

OldEdBrady

OldEdBrady

Wrong key!
Second: 1971 Coleman Calypso popup (gift from this group)
1976 Alfa--the Alfabago

ClydesdaleKevin

A total of 3...and the one we have now is the Keeper...lol!

1- The Ark:  1972 Futura, 25 foot class A, M-350 chassis, 413 engine

2- Excalibur:  1977 Itasca C27AL, 27 foot class A, P30 chassis, 454 engine

3- The Nautilus:  1989 Holiday Rambler Imperial 35 Anniversary Edition, 35 foot class A, modified P30 chassis, 454 engine

We loved them all, but The Nautilus is the Bee's Knees!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Froggy1936

My First My brotherin law and I  built a Teardrop trailer for hunting 1960, Sold that and bought a 1947 Ford Schoolbus that was converted into a camper Installed 1950 Mercury engine used that for 3 yrs . Sold that and purchased a lot In Tionesta Pa built a 3 room camp used that for 20 yrs . Then in 1998 Purchased 1977 Mini Winnie Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep Dan!  I absolutely love this coach and the way its designed and the layout.  Bees knees!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

moonlitcoyote

I dont know how to vote, but I have had 3

2002 (cant for the life of me remember the brand) 32ft fifth wheel
1969 Terry Travel Trailer
and now 1985 Winnebago Chieftan

HandyDan

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on April 18, 2012, 12:46 PM
Yep Dan!  I absolutely love this coach and the way its designed and the layout.  Bees knees!

Kev

Oh, I don't doubt that a bit.  It's just I haven't heard that expression in quite a while from someone younger than me. LOL :D
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Dan!  I'm not THAT much younger than you, and don't forget, my wifey is a tad older than me too...she's the one that got me into old music, old John Wayne movies, Charlie Chan, Dean Martin, Jack Benny, George and Gracie, and the like.

Kev

OldEdBrady

Just keep in mind that, if it weren't for us "old folk," there wouldn't be any of you whippersnappers.

Froggy1936

Bee,s Knee,s & Whippersnappers  this must be a Vintage Site He He !! Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

JDxeper

I have had a few. In the late 70's had a SOB, 16 ft, who knows what year.
2009 Aliner, 14 ft?? owned 2009 and 10'
1978 Winnebago Brave 23 ft
1968 Winnebago F-17  17 ft
1963 Winnebago TT mod 1680 16 ft
2011 MPG mod 183 19 ft
need to reduce inventory!
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Lefty

For Dan,
"For example, you can't pull a camper behind an airplane..."

Your just not using the right plane...

Great stories!! Keep them coming!!!

Wantawinnie

I've only had this one, however, by the age of three I had already painted my first Winnebago. Mom and dad were busy painting our house. I picked up a extra brush and proceeded to help by painting the tires and side of the motorhome before mom or dad noticed.  :laugh:

ClydesdaleKevin

Sweet!  We almost bought a Bluebird a while ago...back when we still had The Ark...5K, but it needed all new tires, which we couldn't afford, so we bought the 77 Itasca instead.  I'd love to see pictures of it!

Kev

Lefty

I was reminded that I too had forgotten one... W%

I also owned a 1978 Starcraft popup for a short while. I brought it home and when I went to set it up, the canvas ripped all to pieces it was so dry rotted. New canvas was going to be about $600, so I sold it the following weekend for what I had bought it for and bought the Serro Scotty trailer instead.

Dave Burden

Also not sure how to actually take the pole, but our '75 Chieftain is our first RV.  Growing up our family used an Ace trailer made in Alfred, ME that my mom's parents had for a few years.  Guessing it was from the mid-late 60's and only slept two so on camping trips us 3 kids would 'get' to sleep in the tent, which was fine with us.

ex - 1975 Chieftain 25'
1977 Tonka Mighty Winnebago 23"

Oz

Just click on the text of the option which fits you ("Just One") and it'll add it to the tally.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Chris Reed

The total would have been a lot higher, but since we can't count tents I have to say two.

2008 R-Vision 27' Travel Trailer (owned this first, but decided that a class would better fit our needs)
1984 Winnebago Chieftain 27' (this is what we currently own and we have finished about 80% of the remodel.....so close)

We definitely like the class A better, but I'm really okay with what ever gives me an excuse to go camping.
1984 Winnebago Chieftain 27RU, P32 Chassis, 454 with a Banks Power Pack, TH400

awatters

This brought back a lot of memories.  Counting the Winnebago (Jennybago) our total is 3.
Back when I was young, single, indestructible and working construction I had a '71 Suburban that I converted into a camper.  Most of the time I was able to camp on the job site for free.  The most memorable one was in Muscatine, IA where the job site was a grain elevator for loading barges.  My camp site was less than 100 yards from the Mississippi river with lots of shade trees.  I spent the summer and fall of '76 there before getting sent to Minnesota.
Just after I got to MN I bought a '77 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 and picked up a used 8' slide-in cab-over camper that I used when working away from home and for our week-end camping trips.  We sold that when I opened my welding shop and have been camping in tents from cars, trucks, vans and motorcycles for the last 30 years.
That brings us up to Jennybago.  I'm just waiting for a call from the transport people saying they have a driver arranged for pickup.