4.0 CCK rebuild everything project..It needs it!

Started by RockwoodMike, May 10, 2024, 12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockwoodMike

This is the Onan 4.0 CCK gen set out of my 1973 D22 Indian..It needs help..So let's help it..

These 4 pics are a look over of it before starting..
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

RockwoodMike

Pics 1-2 some labels..first one is hard to read

Pic 3-4..just removing covers to see what is under them
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

RockwoodMike

Pic 1..points for the ignition..burnt!!

Pic 2..Control center electronics..300C859..there is a company called dinosaur electronics on Ebay that has made a replacement for this if needed..

Pic 3..Front shroud and fan removed..Fan was filled with dust..

Pic 4..Cylinder head removed..Plenty of carbon

RockwoodMike

where the valves are adjusted..Must remove exhaust and intake manifolds to get to these access covers..I don't think they have ever been adjusted

RockwoodMike

Some more tear down photos..

RockwoodMike

More photos..

The armature was a bear to get it to release from the crankshaft..Tapered fit that has been that way for over 50 years

Last photo shows several of the parts laid out, ready to be refurbished..

RockwoodMike

Using a 3 arm puller, the front flywheel came off fairly easy..It is on a tapered shaft too..

Showing the parts under the front cover..

I need to order a special valve spring compressor to get into these tight spaces..here is the link to what is on order for me from Ebay..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131426682516