New 74 MinnieWinnie (WD420RG) owner introduction – Hello everybody!

Started by minniewebbie, June 11, 2015, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minniewebbie

Hello Everyone,

This is my “first post/ Member introduction” to this site.   As the title states, we recently purchased a 1974 Winnebago Minnie Winnie WD420RG. 

The motor home itself was in decent condition structurally, there was only a small ceiling wall water damage spots over the bathroom due to a missing vent cover.   Inside was pretty complete  but it is quite worn.  All the appliances were said to work (previous owner lived in the unit) and I was able to confirm the stove burners all worked and the Refrigerator was cool.  The Propane ran out while I was inspecting the Coach so that was it for appliance inspections.   :)

We jump started the engine and took it around the neighborhood, it is in need of a tune up but everything drove fine for and older model  vehicle.  Title and paperwork seemed in order, So, I ended up driving it home!  ???

Since getting it home I have started to do a deep cleaning of the interior and trying to get the cigarette smoke out of everywhere.  I planned on just doing a deep clean and then get everything running and take it out for a test run, however… that has not worked out.  Partly because everywhere I dug into needed more cleaning.  So instead of a clean, I have jumped right into the refurbishment. 

Mostly taking things apart right now to get into every nook and cranny and see what I can discover. 

Wish me luck!

A few more interior pics:

LJ-TJ

minniewebbie

Thanks for the welcome... I am not sure why the pics don't show up (only links?  i?? ) I will have to work on that,

Anyway, we have been busy getting the inside clean and starting the repainting process...if I can just stop taking stuff apart... ???

hopefully we will get the interior cosmetics done in the next few weeks, then on to the systems, and drive train,

Froggy1936

"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

xerofall

Quote from: Froggy1936 on June 12, 2015, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the Ill never get it all done club,  :'(Frank

Haha ^^^ Truth.

Welcome, this place is great and everyone here is super helpful and nice. Especially to noobs like me.

minniewebbie

Well, thanks for the replies and welcomes.  I have started down the rabbit hole…

As I mentioned before cleaning turned into parts removal and investigations turned up deeper problems… Now the mrs. has also decided on a change of direction for the floorplan and layout configuration.   So, the Motorhome has continued to “de-volve” rather than evolving.     

I will be starting more project threads in smaller sets rather than putting everything here in the into thread.

Here are just a few more pics of the initial work… nothing extensive compared to many of the renovation I have seen on this site so far, but it will give an idea what I am starting with.   

I am not sure how to make the pictures appear in the post rather than a link…I anyone has a tip for this, please let me know.

Bath ceiling problem due to missing vent cover:

Ready for repair:

Ceiling over top bunk, due to leak in the vent:

Now ready for repair:

Kitchenette area, (after carpet removal) Pre:

Kitchenette area, post (with new color scheme preview), Furnace being removed for relocation:

More to come!   Hopefully the ride will not be too bumpy!       :D     

P.S.      The Water tank is going to be re-located also... I am thinking of putting it under the Rear seat (or Gaucho as they say in the business..)

Oz

From the "Get Help with Forum Features" board - how to put images in posts:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,8969.0.html

And, when you make a post, look under the box you type in - Attachments and other options.  That's where you can attach photos from your computer
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

JessEm

For the pictures, either there's something wrong with your address, or google doesn't allow sharing this way. I suspect the secure part of the address (https) might be the problem. Just a guess anyway.

Photobucket is pretty easy.

Oz

Google is using https and the insert image icon uses http.  The links posted were to the thumbnails and not the actual photos.  The link to the actual photos has to be copied and pasted and the image tags manually typed before and after the link.  It's a PITA, as I just fixed all the links in the previous posts (except for one I goofed up and lost).

This issue doesn't happen with photobucket or any other number of web storage sites.  If you're going to use Google, then you'll either have to do all that baloney I just did, just provide the link to the thumb (or the actual photo) as you originally did, or you can use a different, more friendly storage sharing site like photobucket where all you have to do is copy the images bbc code option and paste it, or make an album here, and when you post a photo, go to the edit screen, copy the SMG id code and past it in your post.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

minniewebbie

Well, great!  thanks for all the work fixing the photos!  I appreciate the help.   I have used photobucket in the past, I guess I need to dust off my account and share the photos from there...assuming my account is still active.  Its been awhile since I used it...

I have been ordering parts and buying supplies, ;) ... they are now starting to collect on my workbench...So I hope I can make some good progress this weekend!

Thanks again for the help.

minniewebbie

Well after finally figuring out how to get the pictures posted correctly, I have started a new thread over on the Project forum section to document this project in more detail.  Here is the link to the Project thread on this website if you are interested:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,11344.0.html

Thanks again for the welcome!