Chassis Clearance, Marker, Tail, running Lights Question

Started by James E Vining, August 15, 2013, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James E Vining

So I am curious as I have 7 Clearance lights on front top(5 +2 on sides top), 2 by headlights, 7 on back (5 + 2 on sides top back) and 2 tail lights.
How do I know what the total wattage is of these? I can tell with my 12 V landscape lights as each one lists it's voltage and wattage.
17 X 4 watts + one lamp post at 8 watts for a 76 watt total.
So I have 18 lights total on Winne but I have no Idea what any of them are rated as far as wattage.
looks like 9 are #57 bulbs and 4 are 1157 bulbs and 5 are 94's I believe.
The front 5 are new as the covers and the holders were toast.
I have a Multi Meter that Does up to 10 amps but does not show wattage, although I can do teh math but I do not want to smoke my meter if it is more the 10 amps with all those lights on.

DaveVA78Chieftain

#57 - 3.38 Watts
#94 - 13.3W
#1157 - Tail 3.38W; Turn 27W
[move][/move]

James E Vining

Sweet Thanks, BTW how did you know that? do you have a Book of knowledge of everything or something? You seem to know just about everything  :)clap
I may be way off here but is a 1157 a combination of a #57 and a 11? Just noticed both Tail and #57 are same exact wattage.
I assume a 1156 would be a 27 watt since it is a Turn Bulb or at least I see it there alot, I think B/U Lights are 1156 too.

James E Vining

That just made me realize I do not even know if my B/U Lights work, although I could see attaching a couple 150 watt KC Off Road Only Daylighters as B/U also if you use manual switch ya can keep tailgaters off your Back.

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

James E Vining

Quote from: Coachmanm500 on August 16, 2013, 03:12 AM
Dave is the repository of all things book...

Ya I would say so, One thing I always wanted was a Library room like the Old Mansion/Castle movies have with a fireplace and all walls covered from floor to 15' high and all books, then I could know everything too, or at least look it up, wait I have a computer that is even better lol.
Just need another 1.5 TB External drive

DaveVA78Chieftain

:-[    The Book of Knowledge is at ones finger tips   :-[
[move][/move]

DonD

Exactly Dave!   :laugh:

Easy to walk on water when you know where the rocks are.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

mrmuse

Dave,

Did you do a "mind melt" with Spock to gain this infinite knowledge?  Or perhaps
the old fashioned way like "reading"?

Gregg

DELTA912

Mind Meld.. but My mind would have melted if thats how it happened.
Found an RV. 1976 Dodge spotsman W/ 360
Family Wagon by Travco!

Stripe

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on August 16, 2013, 09:12 AM
:-[    The Book of Knowledge is at ones finger tips   :-[

This is true in more ways than one Dave, I use my fingertips to type so I can ask YOU questions  AND I use them on my trackpad to click on your link!!  Muahahahaha!!
Fredric,

DaveVA78Chieftain

Comes from sitting behind the wheel of the RV in the driveway, for many hours, going nowhere, pondering the the majestic beauty of a crackling campfire, while trying to decide how to solve the latest challenge placed before me.

May the Winnygenie give you fair winds and clear roads

[move][/move]

Stripe

Fredric,

James E Vining

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on August 16, 2013, 08:07 PM

Comes from sitting behind the wheel of the RV in the driveway, for many hours, going nowhere, pondering the the majestic beauty of a crackling campfire, while trying to decide how to solve the latest challenge placed before me.

May the Winnygenie give you fair winds and clear roads

That was Awesome, I understand that totally as I have the winne at the moment with the rear tires off the ground on jackstands so I can test things, like brakes, transmission, make sure my repaired Tranny cable will keep working and actually putting the tranny in proper gear according to selector etc.