Removing stuck water line from Aqua Magic toilet

Started by mattyj858, July 31, 2016, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattyj858

i have the pleasure of removing my old Aqua Magic toilet today. The water line going into the toilet is metal and seems frozen, in fact twisted th metal line a bit (not bad)
Any suggestions on how to remove without breaking the line.
I gave up on removing the water line first and tackling the two bolts now.

Also the toilet is the water circulation type with a couple wires going into it. Won't need these moving forward. Should I just clip cap off and stick them back into the wall?

Rickf1985

I would cut the pipe off nice and straight with a tubing cutter and then use a shark bite fitting to run the new line. You will probably need to reposition the line some anyway so a flexible line will be helpful. As far as the wires I would try to find the fuse for then and pull the fuse in addition to capping them off. Just to be on the safe side.

mattyj858

Quote from: Rickf1985 on July 31, 2016, 07:03 PM
I would cut the pipe off nice and straight with a tubing cutter and then use a shark bite fitting to run the new line. You will probably need to reposition the line some anyway so a flexible line will be helpful. As far as the wires I would try to find the fuse for then and pull the fuse in addition to capping them off. Just to be on the safe side.

Thanks Rick, got it done. Man that's a terrible job.

Rickf1985

Not generally a lot of room and you tend to find things behind a toilet that you really do not want to find. ???