Thermoquad carburetor replacement with California specs

Started by nikoj, May 18, 2009, 12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikoj

Anyone know if there is a replacement for the thermoquad currently available?   It  appears Edelbrock no longer makes the 1905, which is about all that was available for Calif use.

Nick

Oz

As I recall three years ago, when I was resourcing Thermoquad replacements, I saw the ones by Edelbrock and was totally shocked at how high the prices were.  I think Holley also made one, but I don't remember if it was for California specs.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

fireball440

My 1977 Thermoquad just crashed. I was able to find a rebuilt to original to California specs. I called Summit Racing look them up on the internet. They will match you up. The cost was about $295.00 but it should last another 15 years or so.

Oz

Believe it.  Summit Racing has quite a few replacement and upgrade items we can use on our old Dodge motors.  I have quite a few components from them  on mine.  The Thermoquad replacement isn't just a an OEM replacement.  It is manufactured to cure some ot the OEM shortcomings as well.  Like I said previously: expensive, but very high quality.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

malodin

My 413 has been changed out with a holley truck avenger carb, i am unsure of the exact specs as the p.o. did it and i have not looked to deeply into exactly which carb model it is but it is a very good carb on my d22.  i do not know about the cali specs though