Need source for front brake wheel cylinders on '72 Brave

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 25, 2008, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 1/24/2006 2:49 AM

Frist off I have a '72 Brave 18ft. Ok, I have ran into a torrent of problems, and I really need help. First off I didn't know the dust cover had threads on it so thats broke, any idea where to find those? Anyways, my real question is this. My two front brake wheel cylinders are shot, froze up. I have to get new ones. The problem is I can't find them anywhere! I've tried autozone, o'riley, napa, and lots of local ones. I found ones almost exactly like them but the place where the brake line screws into it was too small. I'm so fustrated. Help!!!

Sent: 1/24/2006 3:31 PM

If you cant find the wheel cylinders in a local outlet that supplies fleets and delivery trucks, www.alretta.com in Massachusetts specializes in the Dodge motorhome chassis brake systems. I assume you brave is on an M300 chassis. That and the year might be all that Mr. Rosenberg at allretta would need to know, but the brake drum diameter and the width of the brake shoes would also be helpful. www.alretta.com. You could ask him about that screw on grease cap too.
You could also try Arizona Salvage, www.azrvinc.com, in Arizona. That same grease cap would have been used on thousands of light truck front axles, from the late 60s onward. Ask at a salvage yard which salvage place would have one ton and larger light trucks, or find a truck supply place that understands about 4500 lb beam front axles having Budd hubs.
Good luck and let us know how it goes....(Including the parts numbers, if you get them).

Sent: 1/24/2006 3:32 PM

The front axle on your brave might be a 3500 lbs, or 4000 lbs too - somewhere in that range.

Sent: 1/24/2006 8:49 PM

IMMoLate....the web address is:
http://www.alretta.com
--------------------------
Alretta Truck Parts, Inc.
Bldg.#5B, 2nd floor
One Watson Place
Framingham, Ma. 01701

Tel# 508-788-9409
ask for  Geoff  or email him @ brakeparts@mac.com
He will have all you seek.....
Geoff is a brake parts expert on our rigs,
He is very trust worthy and knows what parts are available..........
and what parts you can't find anywhere on this earth except in a bone yard....He won't steer you wrong and you'll get abunch of tips worth the price of the shipping from him give, him a call...

Timmy