Beverage Tray On The Hunt.

Started by LJ-TJ, December 08, 2011, 10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Hey Gang when any of you go on your scavenger hunts could you keep an eye out for one of these beverage trays for me. There a slide out and the rails are bolted to the top of the dog house cowling.

tiinytina

Call the Arizona RV salvage yard .. our Tiffin has one of these so they all may and they usually have one they are parting out... then again maybe Pat can build ya one!
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

DaveVA78Chieftain

MIne was missing in action also.  Nice area for electronic toys like a MSD box!

Dave
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

Here ya go, TJ!

Funny thing is, the 77 Itasca owned by Mark had one just like it when we first bought it, but the plastic was cracked...it was pretty cheezy.  Into the dumpster it went with all its hardware to make room for the wooden cup holder I made and installed.  My woodworking skills weren't all that great back then, but it wasn't too bad...cracked though at the top of the cup holders.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

JDxeper

They have a couple of Tiffins and a couple of hundred SOBs, at Colaw''s.  I'll see if I can make over there next week, and have a look at all the dead bodies, it's kinda spookie though. Hm? Y!

Does it attach to the top of the dog house or  does it hang below the dash?  Hm?
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

DaveVA78Chieftain

The radiator enclousure (like a firewall) is under the dash and in front of the engine cover access.  Large flat open space.  The sliding rails attach to floor of this area.

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

How'd you do that? Darn. Hm? I believe the rails are attached to the top of the dog house. You have to lift off the engine cover off and the rails are bolted up through the bottom. Yeh there not the most sturdy but they get the job done. Thanks guys. T.J.
Got the old girl in the barn today just in time for the first snow fall. Timings everything.

ClydesdaleKevin

Aside from being cracked, the other reason I removed it was the shallowness of the depressions for holding a cup.  They make a great place to set your coffee cup...if you are stationary and not driving.  Your cups will go flying off if you try to drive with one there.  I figured there were more comfortable places to sit and have coffee in an RV than the cockpit if you were stationary.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Cakeman2253

Nice idea. Maybe fairly easy to build one, if you cant find one. I am sure you could use some drawer sliders and a piece of wood and then cut cup holes that would fit what you need. Look for bottom sliders. I was originally looking at boat/marine tables. Most are plastic with cup holder molded in. They mount like my back table with a pole. I figure I could mount the base to the dog house and cut the pole to about 1 foot. Then keep a longer pole if I wanted to take the table outside.
God grant me calm seas, A helpful wind, A good catch, And a safe return home

LJ-TJ

True but it would be nice to have one as a templet  or something to go off of.  Hm?

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Hey Mark, Nup. A few of the lads have or have had them and ether don't like them or have taken them out because they feel there rather useless. Would have been nice to have for a pattern to massage but I'm think it's a dead subject.

tiinytina

TJ Pat will make you one... patterned off ours.. we love ours.. holds water bottles or soda cans while we drive... The only time its not pulled out is when I have to pull the doghouse lid off :)clap

Tina

LJ-TJ

Wouldn't happen to have a picture would you. How you guys making out with this big snow storm?

tiinytina

The excuse (not that I needed one) to go over and crank her up... consider it done tomorrow.... :-)
Tina

ClydesdaleKevin

If you just want a place the put your coffee cup on the cheap and easy, go to a marine store like West Marine and they have these neat gimballed cup holders made for boats.  A quick release screws to a convenient location on your dash or side panel, and the gimbal moves with the corners, keeping your cup upright no matter what.  They come with a foam sleeve for cold drinks, and if you take the sleeve out, the plastic body of the cup holder has a cutout for a standard coffee mug handle.  We had them in The Ark!  They worked great!

I couldn't find the plastic ones anymore on West Marine's website, but this is apparently the one that replaced it, with a stainless steel cage:

They go for 20 bucks, and here's the link to get them:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=1012848&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50751&subdeptNum=50752&classNum=50755

Basically the same thing, but a metal cage instead of plastic.

Our Classic Winnebagos coffee mugs fit in them perfectly!

Kev

LJ-TJ

I have a cup holder on both sides, I just though it might be handy to have a tray that slides under the dash if you wanted to have a sandwich or put your maps on. Yes I still use a map. GPS is good if it knew were it was going. Should give that chick a few lessons in reading a map. Recalculating,recalculating,recalculating. W%

tiinytina

[smg id=5020]

slide out cup holder..  If I could design it the holders would be 2 layer, wider at top and be deeper to hold coffee travel mugs which are taller and sometimes wider.... but would have smaller middle like this one so could still hold cans and regular water bottles etc....

Tina
PS. and thank you for another excuse to go over crank Gone up on all levels (Engine, genny, furnace) and sit on the couch.. and allow my blood pressure to drop....

tiinytina

alternatively Pat could build one that just sits on the doghouse... with rubberized bottom or velcro or??? that makes it sit securely....

T

LJ-TJ

Man I love the slide tray. That looks great. Now I'll have to go out and see what I have to work with. I know what you mean about just sitting in the rig and chilling out. What's with that? It's in the barn going know were won't be out before the twenty-fourth of may weekend and yet there's just something peaceful  about sitting in her. ;) Say hi to Pat.

tiinytina

With the curtains closed... you are anywhere you want to be... I can imagine lots of places because in the RV... i'm not home, there is no to-do list, there is no pressure to get anything done, and my friends are all outside waiting for more fun in the morning.. LOL....  ;)
T

moonlitcoyote

Quote from: tiinytina on February 10, 2013, 09:17 PM
With the curtains closed... you are anywhere you want to be...

It's funny you say that, every now and then I have to look out the window to see "where" I'm at.

Love that cup holder. We had one on the doghouse but with a 2 yr old walking on it, it got broken. Gonna have to come up with something different now.