need 1989 Winnebago Turn lever\wiper control\cruise control lever

Started by tsbanfill, March 22, 2016, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsbanfill

My lever housing cracked and I'm having a hard time trying to find one.  Any suggestions on after market replacements.

lemortede

This is one of those things that needs a picture.
I cant recall if it was 87 and 88 or 88 and 89 that used what was called the smart stick.

87Itasca

Since you posted this in the GM forum, it's safe to say this is based on the GM P30 platform. That being said, plus my own experience, turn signal switches from any 80's-early 90's GM vehicle will work. All you do to remove it is turn the wiper function to Hi, pull it out a notch, and turn the wipers back to Off, then pull it out all the way. The cruise cable is trickier, as you have to feed it through the steering column.

I recommend either A. cutting the cable at the old switch, hooking it up to the end of the cable on your new switch, and "pulling" it through the column, or, just running it on the underside, and securing it with a few zip ties. It's a two bladed terminal that plugs into a box under the dash, if memory serves. I did this on my '93 Sierra years ago, which has the same column as these Winnebago's.

lemortede

The 88 and 89 models had this weird Cruise control/wiper control/turn signal level.
Its not a standard GM and unfortunately its not as easy as just pulling it out of the column.
There is a picture of it in this thread.

With the model you linked the wiper controls are in the Column, this stick has the switches in the stick and the controls under the dash.

SLEETH

it is of aftermarket design held in with one screw to  the directional switch (old school)

lemortede

You may be better off trying to fix the housing. There are a few different threads on how to replace it but its not the best experience.
I spent some time trying to find a direct replacement and didnt have alot of luck. You may do better.
I ended up moving my brights and wiper controls to dash switches. The only thing that is left on there is the Cruise control.

RANGERRICK

If you have a pic i may be able to help you.Can send to my email if you want.

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca