turn signal/cruise control/ wiper lever

Started by pvoth1111, July 23, 2014, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvoth1111

LMC = nuttin

Kev....you posted in an other post that you thought you lever was HR special....does it look like mine if so its not HR special just 89 p30 special......
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

Rickf1985

you may have to go to the integrated turn signal cruise control setup.

pvoth1111

its integrated with the cruse, turn signal, wipers and the brights all on the lever itself.........how much more intergraded should I hope for?????

ClydesdaleKevin

Mine looks like Rick1985's lever.  I couldn't find a replacement at all, but we don't use the cruise anyway.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

pvoth1111

Its baffling how the same chassis has different components and no one can find the parts again its a chevy....

the problems with mine are the wipers part is broken...PO installed a toggle and bypassed some stuff...which gives me one speed only.....and the high beam bottom lever is missing and there may be an issue with the blights.....

I would request on be half of others and myself if your at a salvage yard (rv) and see our strange units get em for us and let us know...

I hate hate hate rigging things.....

I continue my search for the right parts

gpw9552

One other place to check
Mobility R.V., Inc
www.winnebagoparts.com
800-933-7742

They sent pictures of what they had when I was looking for one for my '87.
Lost the pictures when my computer crashed last year.

pvoth1111

I had just contacted them about another item....sent them an email just now......im sure though (???)that the steering column was there before Winnebago got their hands on it.....maybe not we will see.

pvoth1111

4-Paws

Winnie added this cruise control during manufacturing, not Chevrolet. They used a simple Dana cruise control before and after what you have, yours is Dana's integrated unit that was less than ideal. During the '88-'89 time frame, they also used an ARA "Smartstick" or a "Specific Cruise" unit, both were junk as well as Dana's integrated unit. Winnie was on a cost saving kick at that time and tried cheaper alternatives, they were a warranty nightmare!!!!! ARA went out of business and so did "Specific Cruise" but these alternatives were not used long. They started using $10 radios and eliminated foot and closet lights and countless nickel & dime deletions when Gerald Gilbert & Dick Bereth were brought in from Control Data Corporation to run the company. They also came out with the price leader "Warrior" line which consisted of a class "A", "C" and a Toyota Micro-Minnie. Three very different coaches all with the SAME name. Engineering fought this but the bean counters won out; most of these changes were phased out (or phased back in) in the very early 90's. About your only alternative is to replace the whole thing with another cruise control but you will also have to deal with the wiper and the dimmer wiring also, not easy any way you slice it.

M & J

This one seems wise in the way of the Winnie..........
M & J

pvoth1111

I know right or he stayed at a holiday inn express.....but still :)clap

if any one sees my style at a salvage yard I will pay you for the part and your time....thank in advance

Rickf1985

I am going to see if I can get pictures of my cruise control box since it is laying on the floor. It is a DANA and mine is a 89 built in 88 but my control is different. It may have part numbers on it that would give a hint on whether you could convert to my style of switch.

pvoth1111

Honestly if I cant change it for like I'm done with it......my issue is with the wiper part...and maybe the brights.....I don't really drive this thing anyway and I'm not gonna drive it at night....  I have a toggle switch to turn wipers on/off (one speed).....cruise works perfect and cant live without it....I am all about returning things to perfect working order in most areas and improving in others.....do I really want to re-engineer this thing ....yea....no.....as I have said previous if someone sees one it a yard get it for me (complete) and if the price is with in reason I will buy it and pay shipping costs....

pvoth1111

REPLACEMENT FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)ThmbUp :) ;) :D

Much contacting RV salvages ( well not so much ) has resulted in success.....nice complete unit.....gonna take it apart clean and lube all the moving parts and get it installed this weekend.

AZ RV salvage are my new best friends 120.00 shipped.....nice at twice the price.....

Most salvages didn't even return my email and I was glad to give my money to the nice folks in Phoenix....( the place is for sale if anyone is interested )

Praise the mighty Winnebago Gods

Rickf1985

Get a good picture of the bottom of it before you install it, I am curious to see how it looks in complete form. Glad to see you found one. Don't toss the old one,once you get it out you may be able to find a way to modify it to work close to the way it was designed. No telling how long the "new" 25 year old switch will last.

Rickf1985

Is that a switch on the flipper also? What is that switch?

pvoth1111

Rickf1985

That's better. I am thinking that in a pinch you could probably rig something with a piece of plastic, just looking around my shop here at work the first thing to pop out at me is a broken office chair arm. The switch itself is probably nothing more than a micro switch.

pvoth1111

Are you talking about yours or mine....the pics are how its suppose to look when complete .....my old one was missing the cover and had/has other issues...actually I think I threw it away long ago before I know what it was....like several things i??

Rickf1985

Yours, Mine is more like the standard pick-up truck version. Old style but one that can be found on older Chevy trucks. My whole handle pivots back to switch the high beams.

pvoth1111

You should be able find one of those.....I never would of thought that mine was a Winnebago installed unit...but it was and is was hard to find.