Need Exhaust Crossover Pipe

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 23, 2008, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 4/25/2004 7:12 PM

I just bought a 1969 D22 and I get the dear in the headlight look from all the parts guys... I need brakes and exhaust... A crossover pipe and I'll get the rest generically for the exhaust but for the brakes? Well...

Sent: 4/26/2004 12:17 AM

Hi, and welcome;

You might want to tell the parts guys that you have a 69 Dodge 1 ton pick-up. they will then stop looking at the computer, and pull out the old Dodge Truck book. Hope this helps.

Dave

Sent: 4/26/2004 6:24 AM

And you will need to know your chassis series, its probably an M300. Then if they cant find that designation, lie a little and tell them its a D300 or a W300. These might have the same brake system, but its not absolutely certain. I have only had luck going to places whose business is commercial trucks, not passenger cars. But its also extremely hepful to take the old part in with you to esnure they match, or a photo maybe. Thats why I like the digital cameras so much. This evening i can look in my parts catalog, and can get some idea what your system is. I think most of the brake parts are Bendix. Most Bendix wheel cylinders and master cylinders have a casting number on the side. This will help to index to the actual part number. Brakes shoes can usually be relined, boosters often require to be rebuilt, new ones being very scarce. And if you dont find something near you, then in the resource links is the Alretta brakes website URL - he specializes in brakes for our vehicles, and he evidently ships worldwide. What all parts are you looking for?