Can't find coach battery, '73 Minnie-Winnie

Started by MSN Member, October 06, 2009, 03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerm4091

Sent: 8/23/2006

I have 73 minnie winnie, and i noticed the mom/dual/main switch next to the drivers side seat, i wondered what it was for until i read about it on this message board. So, after i read about i went out and looked at her to see if i could find the coach battery but i failed to do so. Could anywhere tell me where i could locate it... or if these models even have one.

DampDude007

Sent: 8/23/2006

Did you look under your bench seat ? If it is not there get under your rig and follow the cables off your alternator, a lot of PO's took the coach batteries out the the older Winnies also,you probably have a spot for one but it may be missing.
Dude

ClydesdaleKevin

Sent: 29/08/2006

Isn't a 1973 Minnie-Winnie just a very short class A?  Like a D-17 or something?  Or were they Class C that early, with a van front?  If its a Class A D-17, coach batteries should still be on a slide-out tray, accessed by an external hatch.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Slantsixness

Sent: 02/09/2006

73 minnie is a Class C. the battery is either under one dinette seat, gaucho or in the Generator compartment, if it has one. Either way, it should be mounted close to the converter and water pump.... if you find them, you'll find where the battery goes!

Tom
Remembering My 72 D20RG Brave "Smurfbago" The old girl never let me down, and she's still on the road today. quick! get out the Camera... I spotted another junkyard full of Winnies...

Mbarton557

It is under the table by the wall on the passenger side. Lift the carpet back between the benches lift the board and plastic tray out and you will see it.
Mary Barton
Enid, OK
1973 Minnie Winnie and 1974 Model 136 tt. Also have a 2010 Via 25R

Oz

Only took 11 years to get a definitive answer.  Can't say we give up though! 
:)rotflmao

Thanks Mary!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

boohoo222

1978 dodge coachmen class c 23ft                       1978 chevy open road class b