Bias Ply or Radial Tires?

Started by The_Handier_Man1, December 21, 2008, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joev

I have the RT500 Double Coin on my put them on drove 10,000 miles on them last summer still look like new had no problems with them rides really nice.  8 R - 17.5 tires sized 

Admin edit:  These are radial tires.

Lefty

"D23 would be a M300 chassis that uses 8-17.5" tires/rims.
19.5 rims/tires were only used on the Dodge M500/M600 chassis which I do not believe Winnebago used."

My 1976 D27MI Chieftain was on a M500 Chassis, and it used 19.5" tires. Just thought I'd mention it... though it does not relate to the original posters issue.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

DaveVA78Chieftain

ok, M500, few and far between  :)
[move][/move]

Winnebago

Update: I ended up going with Double Coin RT500 radials. My main concern was with the psi requirement of the new tires (95) on rims that anticipated a lower psi. An engineer at Double Coin said that I would be okay with inflating tire between 80-85 psi. Deflation of more than 20% of max psi is considered flat. We took one trip, so far. Seemed to ride nicely. Cost for 6 tires was painful, around $1400.

Thanks for all the helpful posts!

Elandan2

I have attached a link to Double Coins Load/Inflation table.  According to the chart 65 or 70 psi is a safe inflation pressure for the tires.  All depends whether you have 8R19.5's or 225R 19.5 tires.

http://www.doublecointires.com/resource-center/double-coin-tbr-load-inflation-chart

Rick

Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Winnebago

I couldn't open the link, but for the 8R17.5, I believe the PSI on the inflation chart only goes down to 85.