Rear compartment door latches

Started by Wantawinnie, February 03, 2012, 09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wantawinnie

Didn't have any luck on a search. Not sure what the proper term is for these. Is there a source for replacement or retro fit rear hatch door lock latches for the door behind the spare tire on my '73 Winnie or do I have to luck into some good used ones? One is missing and the other is froze up.

Thanks for the help.

JDxeper

Try Mobility RV, Hanlontown, IA   1-800-933-7742
Have your Winnebago vin # model and year handy.  They have all the surplus Winne parts.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

ClydesdaleKevin

You can also try Southco locks...they make a lot of RV latches, very good quality, and have almost every type there is.  You can look them up directly through Google, or make it really easy on yourself and call their distributor, Uglyfish, who is out of Florida.  Their website is Uglyfishinc.com and their phone number is 386-313-1991.  They helped me out a lot getting new compartment keys, and are going to be the ones I go through for new generator compartment latches and keys, keyed alike to the rest of my RV.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Got a picture.  :)ThmbUp

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Oz

It should be similar to that, yes.  Only in chrome.  It's a "T" handle latch/lock.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Wantawinnie

After a little Google searching I found some pretty close. They don't have the same latch on the inside but should work fine. The T latch was the term I was needing before.

They look very similar to a garage door or truck topper latch.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Wantawinnie

Just wanted to mention that I stopped in to a local RV center and they had 2 of these on the shelf. They were a little more money than "online" but sometimes it is nice to help out the locals and they have lots of other goodies I need too. Now I can check those off the list.

ClydesdaleKevin

Awesome!  Patti and I try to buy locally as well whenever possible, unless the locals REALLY mark the stuff up to where its WAY cheaper to get it online. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.