Eyebrow Winnebago Logo application

Started by vbazinet, September 04, 2009, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbazinet

Just purchased new green/crome logo decalls for front and rear of rig. Can they be applied over orig. decal and if so how? I ask this because the whole nose of rig has been repainted and it looks like the orig. decal was just masked an sprayed around. [not a bad job]. Also why did the factory use green logos? The only green in or on this rig is the anti freeze.

Oz

Green was the only "Flying Winnebago" background shield used after the chromed, white metal badges were discontinued..  There's really no telling why they went with this color for all the models.  You'd think they'd have been a bit more color co-ordinated.  But then again, green counter tops with orange shag carpet?

You can apply new decals over the old ones.  I would highly suggest sanding them firts, removing all rouh edges first.

We have OEM and custom color, OEM style eyebrow decals, as well as club logo eyebrow decals available in the club store.  The colors are specifically chosen to mathc or augment the Winnebago body striping colors over the years!  Take a look:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=store;cat=30
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

vbazinet

Even though it looks strange I'm going to stick with the orig. green logo. would you suggest using emery clothe to rough up decal? I'd hate to get any air hung up under new logo.

Oz

I wouldn't use emery on the the decal at all.  I would, however, use it to make the aluminum surface as smooth as possible.  I't doesn't need to be rough... it needs to be smooth.

vbazinet

Went to apply new logos and found out the new back shield is 1/4" too small all the way around. Can't apply over orig logo. Were logos different sizes from year to year? Has anyone else run into this? Do they make a chrome 1/4" trim tape?

Oz

Since there are many things which varied year to year and even within models within the same year, it's certainly reasonable to say there could have been a variance in the decal sizes.

The decal size we used is based off actual measurements I took of mine and matched those taken by another member as well.

They do make 1/4" chrome automotive edging tape, available at Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, etc