What are your other interests or hobbies

Started by Rollingmenace, October 11, 2014, 01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollingmenace

Ok here's a question for the masses... I know we all have an affinity for classic and or vintage RV's but what other things spark everybody's interest??? Could be anything from collecting stamps, pocketknives, cars, motorcycles, or just watching the boob tube... Let's hear about it and possibly see some pictures....

Rollingmenace

I'll go first... I have an obsession for anything with wheels and a motor..... It's a sickness really... Truth be told I always wanted a classic Winnie but my motives aren't pure....  Primarily I bought it so I could enjoy some of my other hobbies while having a roof over my head and a means of towing toys...
I grew up in a car family.. I have a number of classic cars and muscle cars... The funny thing is at 1976 the Winnie is the newest vehicle I own excluding the motorcycles...
Here are a few pics of my baby... She is a 1951 Ford Deluxe Tudor Sedan.. For those of you not hip to the car lingo.. A Tudor sedan is a sedan bodied car but only having two doors... I built her with my father and the spruced her back up around 2003 ... It's basically all original mechanically the interior has been redone but seat frames dash ect is all stock .... It runs a 239 cu. in. Ford 8ba flathead V8... It is original bore but has new rings in it...  I recently converted it over to 12v using a single wire gm alternator and started running a electric fuel pump...

Rollingmenace

Rollingmenace

I also have a pair of 71 chevy ElCaminos .. One is a small block powered 4speed car... It is orange and for sale :) ... The other is a SS 454 car with a 4speed tans and posi rear ...... My beautiful girl has a 52 ford truck project that I will be splitting time with the Winnie this winter... It is getting a complete frame up build with all the modern touches jaguar front suspension, four link rear.. 302 ford power, AOD trans . Air conditioning, power windows and locks ect ... As she says it will be a brand new truck with a 52 body... I'm also keeping an eye out for my dream car a 38-39 Lincoln zephyr to build in next 10-20 years lol ...

Rollingmenace

And finally onto the motorcycles... My favorite is my 99 Honda VFR 800.. 69000 miles all racked up by me .. The bike sports all Canadian only blue fairings...Sargent seat.. Has a Honda RC51 front suspension with USD forks.. Ohlins fully Adjustable rear suspension .. Wolf carbon fiber under tail ehaust (unicorn) only produced in England with low production numbers.. And a full dyno jet fuel and ignition controller..... I ride this sucker everywhere last Memorial Day weekend I racked up almost 1600 miles in three days riding from Colorado through Kansas and across Oklahoma via RT66 into New Mexico and then home to Colorado

Here is Leslie's bike it is a 1995 Kawasaki Ninja 250 that I built from a pile of parts...

Rollingmenace

Ok and the main reason I bought the Winnie .. I have a handfull of vintage ATC's or three wheelers... All of which I have built with the exception of one that was inherited when my best friend passed away last November ... We meet a large group of people in Utah and ride at two different sets of sand dunes... We do this 2 or 3 times a year... We also ride in Oregon , California , and Idaho at the dunes but only make hose trips every 2-3 years.... Oh I thought I should mention that I also race them on the ice in the winter here in colorardo ...

This last pic is the last trip me and my best friend mike went on together to ride it is in St Anthony Idaho .. We are in the center of the pic. I'm in black and green gear mike is in a green shirt ....

xerofall

I collect 80's-modern GI Joe figures and vehicles...

Rollingmenace

^^^^^ dude I used to have tons of gi joe's back in the 80's even had that big old aircraft carrier... The neat stuff is when you saved the little tags off the boxes and sent them in for limited edition vehicles and of gi joe guys...

eXodus

Horseback Riding:

Crossfit:

Travel:

Old Volvos:

And many more, which come and go. My hobbies and interests change all the time  :)clap