Need P/N for 72 Brave motor mounts

Started by Clyde9, November 25, 2008, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde9

Sent: 1/21/2006 11:16 AM

Well my motor mounts are about to bite the dust. I've looked everywhere and can't find the parts number for them. I went to napa and they had a few different ones but I was wondering if you guys knew the correct parts number for motor mounts on a 72' Brave. Thanks!

Sent: 1/21/2006 5:31 PM

The dodge motor home parts catalog lists 2264675 as the motor mount for both 318s and 413s. I got a pair on ebay that looked the same, and they fit fine.
Can you take one of the old ones in with you for comparison? I would think it would be the same part number for any 440 pickup truck from the early 70s.

Sent: 1/24/2006 7:18 AM

1972 use the old style mounts. Napa can get them.

Look up a 1969 W300 pickup truck. They're the correct ones, and usually NOT in stock at NAPA, but you can get them in a day or two. Left and right are the same.

I spent a half hour in Napa and ended up only finding them in one of their books, not on the computer.

73 and newer use the same mounts from all Trucks and Vans from 72-93
(Note that a 1972 B/D/W100-300 Trucks are NOT the right mounts.)

The original '72 mounts look like an ice cream sandwich, (of course with studs though)
____I____
_________
    I       I
The 73 up mounts look more like a Kazoo with the studs offset from each other, and an alignment button.
____E_
_ _____       (pardon the kindergarden graphics)
E

I have a pictures I can upload later, but the common part number for 72 and prior years is "2235" (happens to be an Anchor part number)

Tom

Sent: 1/24/2006 7:46 AM

And I was wondering.....

How do you park a 72 foot brave?

Sent: 1/25/2006 2:06 AM

Haha! Very carefully! Thanks for the help guys. I love Napa, they call me "The Winnebago Kid" because i'm in there all the time.

Sent: 1/31/2006 7:32 AM

You can use the 2265 on an earlier model chassis, if you change the motor mount brackets over to the later version too. (the two frame holes would line up with the stud and nub).

Tom

Sent: 1/25/2006 8:33 AM

Hey,Winnebago kid,
I dig the rig,it is just like mine pretty much. Keep working on it.
Dude

Sent: 1/25/2006 7:12 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! It's just so frustrating sometimes. I just have to take things step by step

Sent: 2/1/2006 9:55 AM

Hmmmm

Frustrating? Why, yes! that's the nature of these beasts!

But, They're worth every dime you put in them, every ounce of sweat and every busted finger...

Remember how much you love your Winnie every time you bump your head trying to get out of the door too fast, or try to fill the master cylinder and not get any brake fluid on you, remove a lug nut (after you realize it's left hand thread!).....

But the fact is,

They're worth every bit of the frustration!

Tom