Need plug wires for 413 & Brake pedal pad

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 17, 2008, 03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 3/14/2005 7:29 PM

Does anybody know where to get the original plug wires with the nylon "donuts" that secure the wires to the valve cover and where does one find a brake pedal pad? Thanks    Leonard

Sent: 3/14/2005 7:30 PM

Duh! The wires are for a 413

Sent: 3/14/2005 7:55 PM

I would try a place that sells engine parts, for delivery trucks. Not a regular auto parts store. They might at least know there is such a thing as a 413-1. Also, the ignition wires for a 440 will fit fairly well, though being slightly longer than necessary, as the 440 plugs are below the exhaust manifold, unlike the 413. It is also possible that the ignition wires for a 1964-66 Chrysler 400 (with the 413 in it) would be the same. I replaced my bad ones with a few that I got from an RV in the magic junkyard. Somewhere I saw new ones in a bubble pack, but i cant recall where. It might have been that HELP line, in red packages. You might do an ebay search for a mopar enthusiast seller, and ask if they have them.

Sent: 5/7/2005 1:12 AM

I too am currently looking for whatever kind of grommet or donut fit in that U-shaped bracket on my valve covers(413). Was considerin' goin to an electrical supply store and seeing what they got. Does anyone know what was on the original valve covers that secured the wires? The local Dodge dealer parts guy can't find anything for them athough he shows the valve covers. Wonder if it was part of a valve cover assm. and only came with the whole unit?

BTW, the right side valve cover on my '72 413 has a sticker mostly gone, but has some kind of engine info on it. Does anyone out there have a white valve cover sticker on the right side cover? I would like to know if there was any kind of engine spec info on the sticker.

Regards,

Robert Donley
Jenison, MI

Sent: 5/7/2005 2:39 AM

Guys, go down to Radio Shack or other electronic supply house and look for a panel pass-thru grommet... the kind that is used to pass wiring through an electrical panel.  They come in white and black.  Since they are designed for light panels, you may have to use a hacksaw to enlarge the slots to fit the hold-down on the back of the head.

John

Sent: 5/15/2005 9:52 AM

I was able to get a price from a Local dodge dealer ( one that still knows these old rigs and hasent pitched his old parts books ) I have the 440 3 .   They were priced at $ 75.00 for the set .
    I then found a set made by " Standard " OEM Custom    They are custom fit for the dodge motors heavy duty and High preformance . cost    $ 45.00  for the set .   They are pre assembled  and are the correct lengths to route the wires properly as well as the correct angle on the plug boots . same as OEM . " Standard "also sells the correct dist. cap and rotor . Alot heavier than the aftermarket junk that was installed by PO .
      I think you should be able to find some rubber plug wire gromets at most auto store "Help" sections . Still looking for some correct hangers . I used several generic ones I had lying around for now .   Sea Hag

Sent: 5/15/2005 10:49 AM

Kevin, I got my plug wires at O'Reilly for $28 -- heavy silicone with the long angled boots.

John

Sent: 5/15/2005 2:43 PM

R. Donley: The sticker on the passenger side valve cover of my 413 has about 6 lines of diffeent engine sizes with an engine code after them. The line that says "413 cu. in. RB" has a punched-out circle next to it, indicating that is the engine size. I cant recall their is any other info on the sticker.

Sent: 5/15/2005 9:13 PM

I made a post on tune up stuff.  I reproduced (with as careful a time of typing as I've ever used!) on the tuneup stuff for Winnies.  This is from the valve cover on a '76 (chassis) for ALL engines.  Has timing, RPMs, etc.

It's in a .pdf file (requires Adobe Acrobat reader to open) and is available simply by asking for it.

Email me for a copy.

edbrady<at>procomputernet.net

Sent: 5/16/2005 3:51 AM

Ed,sent you an email(I hope)

BooBoo

Sent: 5/16/2005 8:54 AM

Email received, and replied to.

Sent: 5/16/2005 12:28 PM

Thank you very much Ed,great doc.

BooBoo

Sent: 5/16/2005 7:45 PM

Just glad that there are some things (however few) I can do to help others out on this site.  The people here have certainly helped me more than they know--even if it's just answering someone else's questions.

Sent: 5/16/2005 10:44 PM

Booboo and his cat....

Booboo and his cat....

AWESOME! How did you do that and can you send it to me?

BooBoo

Sent: 5/16/2005 11:10 PM

Boo....Go to CWM homepage.....See the new shinning star SOB put on the bottom of the page..."You can have your rig featured.....yata  yata yata"      Click on that shining star.....The down load is free
1000's of smilies

Timmy

Sent: 5/16/2005 11:45 PM

I cant get smileycentral,one of my spyware blockers blocks their site.But thanks,they sure have some good ones!

BooBoo

Sent: 5/18/2005 8:26 PM

Add Smiley Central to your approved list and it will let it through. 

- SmileyCentralSob