Another furnace won't start thread!

Started by aaron7, December 06, 2014, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaron7

1979 Shasta, Coleman 4324-749 furnace.

When we bought this camper last summer everything worked fine.

Once it started to get cold we noticed the furnace kept taking longer and longer to fire up. Blower came on properly with the t-stat but the delay in ignition kept getting longer to the point where we'd hear a big WHOOSH when it finally did!

Due to a leaky LP tank last winter we had disconnected the line and have been using an electric heater.

I've replaced the tank and now I'm trying to figure out this issue as the furnace won't even fire up now.

The whole unit isn't easily removable sadly but I can get to the front pretty well.

So... where do I start?

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Oz

Start with a message search on the topic.  This is a common problem so there's plenty of guidance already here for you.

Start with your make & model number and get the manual from the member area. Get the general troubleshooting guide which covers both types of ignitions and the troubleshooting process for all furnaces. 

These will save you a ton of time waiting for others to go looking for the info for you as well as waiting to get the same advice people have already posted before.

With all we have on the topic, we really don't need another furnace won't start thread.  Additional questions can be asked on one of the existing topics.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca