Hide your project! Keep the neighbors happy!

Started by rude-a-bego, December 02, 2013, 01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rude-a-bego

Although there are no RV restrictive governance's for our housing area, I don't want my project to be the neighborhood eye sore.  I invested in this cover in August.  I can work under cover most of the time.  It rolls back out of the way quickly.  As you can see from my posts, I have really opened up my RV; side off, fans removed, roof repairs, etc.  Keeping out the elements to prevent further damage is important.

Big advantages:
- CHEAP!  Under $200 delivered; do a search on RV covers and you will see.  They are all about the same.  I got the lowest price one that will keep out the rain.
- Water proof
- Really good wind protection; good fastening system to keep it from blowing off
- Keeps the neighbors happy
- Keeps the wife happy
- Easy access so you can work on the RV "under cover"

Disadvantage:
- Can't think of any
Rudy  ,':{ Ì´

aaron7

Heh, might be the way to keep the heat in and the drafts out while we live in ours all winter! I'd just have to vent the fridge & furnace outside of it.  Hm?

cosmic

I have the same cover. pain in the arse to put on, and when it rains the water pools all around the back luggage rack. which will sag your roof in no time.  One time I had 6 inches of water up there.  $@!#@! $@!#@! the only thing missing were the ducks.

Stripe

Cosmic, go to Goodwill or equivalent, find one of those inflatable yoga balls they use at gyms.  Put it up under the cover in the luggage area.  It's the same concept as when you cover a pool for the winter..

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

M & J

I stored the ice coolers up there. Out of the way for winter and propped up the tarp so the water ran off.
M & J

tiinytina

I put some 5 gallon buckets on their sides up on Gone.. still need to put a couple more under
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!