Roof Air Conditioner drain line in 1985 minnie winnie?

Started by Weblamer, January 27, 2014, 01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weblamer

Does anyone know if the roof ac in a 1985 minnie winnie contains some sort of condensation drain line? And if it does, where under the camper does it drain out?

I am trying to hunt down a roof leak.

pvoth1111

Most likely it just runs onto the roof and then just runs off on the ground
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

legomybago

Make sure your AC unit anchor bolts from inside the rig are snug, then pull your exterior cover off the AC unit on roof, and look at base of unit for clogs at drain ports where water drains out and on top of your roof (leafs, dirt, BEE'S!!) ???  Make sure it's clean...
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Lefty

The square seal that seals the A/C unit to the roof is a known trouble spot. They get dry & shrink with age, causing leaks. Thankfully, they are cheap & fairly easy to replace. You can buy them at Camping World.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

gary19734

Theres a pan uder the coil that drains out of either side right on to the roof if it clogs it will come down thru the unit right into the camper.   Gary

Weblamer

Thanks, all. I just picked up a new seal and I am going to attempt to replace this this weekend. However while I had it all taken apart I wanted to make sure there was any drain tubes I might want to run some compressed air through and clean out.

Weblamer

I would like to add than I am a little nervous about getting on the roof of this thing. I am a pretty big guy and I am not sure what weight it can hold. (not to mention it is a long way down.)