Roof Air Conditioner leaks condensation

Started by The_Handier_Man1, December 11, 2008, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wicked_weasel

Sent: 8/24/2002 1:36 PM

i need help can someone please hekp me. im having problems with the ac unit ,it runs for a while then it starts leaking on the inside and the roof is starting to rot.  The ac unit itself works good but it leaks water from condensation.  Can someone help with this problem please  thanks

cseverson

Sent: 8/24/2002 2:40 PM

I recently installed a used ac unit on my brave. They make a high density foam gasket that you tighten the ac unit down on. this forms a nice seal on almost any surface as long as you get it pulled down tight enough. Any rv parts place should have them.

You will need to remove the air box on the celling of the unit.
then take the 4 nuts off the bottom of the unit. go onto the roof and remove the old gasket from the bottom of the ac. make sure to get the old gasket off
completly and attach the new gasket. tighten it down and you should be ok....the rotton roof is another problem you may have to address soon though....hope
this helps

Craig

beach

Sent: 8/24/2002 5:02 PM

your gasket is gone on the unit

mrchannman2

Sent: 8/27/2002 7:48 PM

I had the same problem on mine. Inside the AC unit there was a styrofoam tray which was supposed to catch the condensation and allow it to drain out onto the roof of the RV. In my case the styrofoam tray was cracked and the tubes were clogged. I went in through the top of the AC unit and patched the tray with RTV then unclogged the tubes with some wire.

Gene