Schmitti's '76 Winnebago

Started by Schmitti, July 18, 2014, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schmitti

Practical, as well as optical practice test, DC-Fix (http://www.d-c-fix.com/) using a roller. I would say that was our optical test successfully. Because so slowly gives way to the charm of the 70 (now also like Darkroom called  :laugh: ) in a bright and friendly atmosphere.
With the flash it looks much brighter than it is in Natura.

The effect is as desired ... Light & friendly. . The curtains, including the rails are now everywhere from - Black Forest is not in our "cottage" is announced  ;)

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Schmitti

Even small steps will lead to the goal. So I can check today and found the air conditioning, which she runs but cools the fan does not move -> need an electrician to have a go.
The exhaust (which is not really worthy of the name), is mostly from before and stands in the corner ... and ashamed

For the generator, I will build a drawer to use it easily. But I have bought full extension rails and ever fitted - now so I could take the exact measurement in order to make the frame.

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Schmitti

The American has other drainage pipes and are not to get in Germany - and if so, for â,¬ impossible figures. However, a suction hose from the pond accessories offers a very cost effective alternative. He is very flexible and smooth inside. With grease spray on the tube, warm tube and with much effort, the hose went with ornate persuasion and turn on the tube. The whole still secured with a hose clamp and eat well.

Today I was able to devote the wretched exhaust me sometimes. With an electric hand saw I cut off the Y-pipes.
The whole misery at a glance:

Then it was off piece by piece under the Winni on. Leftover 2.5 "stainless steel exhaust pipes from the construction of my rally cars found here their use stapled together under the car.:

A decent V8 need in my opinion for each cylinder bank one strand, so the whole again, until finally came out here:

Thomas

LJ-TJ

Amazing, absolutely amazing. What a great job your doing as well as an inspiration to others. Thanks for all the pictures.

pvoth1111

I love it....but why no crossover?.....if ya go to all that trouble.
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

eXodus

where is the catalysator ?

probably is there no space for an X or H connection.
i dont know why you built downward endpipes but there must be a reason.  you are not towing a closed vehicle which you enter soon after driving with this exhaust or ?

Schmitti

@ LT-TJ
Many thanks  :)ThmbUp . If it's been the weak point in the text, so I can compensate with the pictures perhaps  :laugh: .

@ Pvoth & eXodus
The Winni has no catalyst N:( .
I want only times the sound of the exhaust in its current state hear before I weld a H-Pipe a  :) .
If the Winni is even finished, he should pull my rally car. This is transported on an open trailer - but the car itself is closed. A side exit I did not want to. Leading the end down, I do not see as a problem. Especially since the end still far ahead of the rear axle. Each transporter in Europe also goes so and there are no problems  Hm? .

Thomas

Schmitti

The replacement part for the turn signal operation, including the operating lever is moved to the steering column.

Thanks again for the good advice here with links  :)ThmbUp :)

The new generator is moved by means of a drawer to its place. This should electroless weekends of the past.

Thomas

eXodus

do you plan to run it in the bay ?

Schmitti

It is planned that option. The generator is indeed already mounted on rubber but until that happens, still comes a sound insulation lining in the bay and a fan for cooling pure.

Thomas

eXodus

you need a freaking big fan. this generator is air cooled and not designed to be run in a bay.

Maybe cut the one of the walls out. under load this thing will,produce about 15kw of heat.

Schmitti

I am aware that develops a strong generator of heat. To my knowledge, the series generator is also an air-cooled model of Onan. Therefore, the door's slit and all over.

Here in the picture still easily recognizable.

If it should be in operation to hot, I will devote myself to the problem and use a corresponding thereto fan. Spal I have various motor sports fan in stock - blowing or sucking whether to operate. Still, it is (unfortunately) not yet as far as I'm on a green meadow camping. Therefore, I will devote myself to the fan only when the Winni has been approved for the road and all the other things are done to him.

Thomas

eXodus

yeah the onan is air cooled to, but has a fan which was designed to be operated in a bay.

First things, First I agree. Get that thing to the street.

Froggy1936

Schmitti I would not worry about heat especially since you can slide it out into the fresh air A electric radiator fan mounted on the door will suffice for when you have to operate with the door closed . I have used this type generator for years I found that if and when it overheats it just quits running(wich can be disasterous if it happens when under a load (it takes out the voltage regulator) As it slows to a stop wile trying to keep up output . I just had to replace mine but it was due to squirells eating insulation . (see projects & my Gallery pics) My original was a Honda Replaced with a chinese Harbor Freight Predatator Both look exactly the same  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Schmitti

I'm currently absolutely no idea about the heat. Although I have taken (so he might also use actually wrong in the house) and a plan in mind, what I will do - but as I said, right now it is more important to me that the Winni receive an approval.
I had the generator normally not yet bought me when I could have bought him not just as low (â,¬ 195 / US $ 247.81). For the present time he is actually useless, since even much more important work in the few currently are doing.

Thomas

Schmitti

A surprise visit to the workshop was clamped directly to work with
Since still missing important parts of the States for the technology, the interior was further embellished.
What is meant is this area:

The carpet was indeed removed some time ago. Now the holders of the seats, the pedals and the hand brake were dismantled. Derusted the floor and cleaned.
Passenger footwell:

Inserted the new PVC and cut:

A very strong adhesive tape for support:

At the same time the hood was cleaned by the girls:

Likewise, lush pasted to get the curves clean out:

Here comes the delicate women's power:

Then, in order to obtain an overall result:

Thomas

acenjason

Schmitti

Thank you for your positiv Comment  :)

Thomas

Schmitti

The interior rejuvenation continues. The first half of the living room was also new and bright "papered". Missing only the corner posts and the cushion.
Original condition:

Guest bed fold down and everything disturbing Remove:

... And what we find in the unmade bed? The first woman  :laugh: ;)

Everything is annoying out:

The first wall is finished:

New view:

Thomas

acenjason

Hi Mr Schmitti. I watched a television show about Motorhomes in Europe and they had a pull out cartridge sewage tank instead of a mounted sewage tank. Are you going to have to switch to a cartridge system with your motorhome?

eXodus

@acenjason,

do you really mean a pull out sewage tank or did you see a composting toilet ? http://natureshead.net/

There are some Transporter conversion which have indeed have changeable sewage tanks. But they are very small (5 Gallon).
I don't know if I would like to move something bigger with Blackwater in it.

Rickf1985

Schmitti, That exhaust worries me. Dumping under the motorhome like that it WILL end up getting inside through all of the minute cracks and openings. The exhaust will pool up behind the coach in the low pressure area directly behind the coach and also find ways in there. This is a very dangerous setup. That is why they run out the side originally. The fact that the area behind the coach is low pressure it could possibly make the whole coach negative pressure and draw in the exhaust even more. Be SURE to have at two good CO detectors in there when driving if you leave it this way.

cosmic

I have the same straight pipes under mine in exception that the mufflers are in the middle, and my wife always complains of the smell of exhaust in the back gaucho area.
rick you may have just figured out what has been causing this for years in mine. I didn't put it in there the P.O. did.  probably wouldn't take much to change it...

Froggy1936

Installing Air Tabs will reduce the low pressure area behind the rig That is there purpose . See @ airtabs.com  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Schmitti

Hi guys,
the waste water tank will remain as he is. I think it's great and good. The small (Dixi) toilets must be emptied daily - but I will not always have the opportunity to do so in the future, because I'm much camping "in the meadow".

On the subject of exhaust. This is a very difficult issue in Germany. There are conditions that are strictly controlled by the TÃœV. If I lead the side ends out, I get no street legal. Just as the exhaust is now, I just have to try it. Does it not so, there is absolutely no problem for me to change again. I am by profession Schlosser (metal workers) and have the tubes / sheets without end in my workshop. If it does not work so I have to hold the pipes lead over the rear axle and to the bumper.