Started by Schmitti, July 18, 2014, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbragg

Outstanding!! You did an excellent job!
Jim & Angel
1987 Winnebago Elandan 37RQ
Kentucky

Schmitti

Thank you all for the encouragement but I stay you will continue to receive - because on the one hand, the work on Winni are still not finished and on the other hand I also read like here  ;) :D .

@tiinytina:
Thank you for your offer :)ThmbUp . I do not know how I run the whole label - which comes at the very end.

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Schmitti

The day of days has now come. Fetched from the admissions office and a short identifier for five days
The first daylight after 10 months and the new large mirrors:

Then, at times to show off home to Winni his future home port and for me a cup of coffee, because the ride of 22mls was not without problems. The lack of carburettor / ignition timing set out noticeably felt. At idle and under light throttle it still works just fine ... but when accelerating or faster pace, there were several misfires  $@!#@!

Then the journey continued to a garage, which now continues taking care of the engine.

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

LJ-TJ

I liked the paint scheme when I first saw it but wasn't sure. Now I see it out side WOW it looks fantastic. Great Job. :)ThmbUp

M & J

That is amazing. Well Done sir.
M & J

Schmitti

Glad that you like it in the country of birth of Winni what I'm doing here with the "little ones" :) .

However, he makes me just worried. He is currently in a US vehicles (especially Ford Mustang) specialized garage to adjust the engine. Something is wrong with him i?? . On the pulley are 4 marks now we are looking for the right for the ignition. Then probably something with the ignition coil and the capacitor is not OK - still the engine so it runs not as it should. He's kind of weak and has misfires. Unfortunately, there is in Germany no workshop manuals for this particular engine ... so we can unfortunately only swap with parts and manage to try N:( Hm? $@!#@! .

Thomas

jbragg

Outstanding job, my friend! Well done!
Jim & Angel
1987 Winnebago Elandan 37RQ
Kentucky

Rickf1985

First and foremost make sure the firing order is right for the 440. That may sound like a no brainer but I had a very nice 1970 Dodge Challenger 440 6 pack come into my shop for a tune up. The new owner loved the way it ran and just wanted to tune it up because he had just bought it. The car was super fast but it just did not feel right to me since I had driven race cars all my life. It took a while but I realized the firing order was set for a Ford small block! And it ran pretty good!!! Reset the firing order and the car was scary fast after that. Then spent two days dialing in the three carburetors that someone had modified the linkage on. WOW!
Bottom line, Check everything no matter how dumb it may seem.

Rick

Schmitti

The firing Order is OK  ;)

Thomas

joev

check to make sure that the plug wires are good I have had a bad spark plug that only fired at idle but under load quite working

FastGlassman69

You have done a beautiful job on your rig! Hope all went well with the inspection. You definatly deserve a break! You are on the internet so do some searching you will figure it out! Bobby

eXodus

Schaut toll aus ! Sehr Gute Arbeit !  :)clap

Looks Great, Good Job.

Yeah, start with the basics, check you sparkplugs adjust the gaps, clean everything.

The Coils have a history of not working: Here something for troubleshooting:
http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3424.0

Schmitti

Thanks guys for all your encouragement and praise  :)ThmbUp :)

Exodus: That will help me - THANK YOU  :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp

The engine is at least roughly set times. Devinitiv for extra settings lacked time. He has no more misfires - but its real strength is still hidden. At least I was able to get hold of the most important appointment. In the (very strict) German technical inspection:

On the brake tester:

... And the result:

Add this event, I took a very sick feeling in the stomach and was expecting a page-long list of defects. However, it turned out differently.
1) propane test -> Pass
2) AU (emission test) -> Pass
3) HU (main investigation - complete vehicle engineering) -> front brake caliper law varies slightly and the wheel is not 100% Free Accessible
                        -> An old seal on the engine lost on this journey tightness - oil loss
                        -> Hand brake effect slightly unequal
                        -> On a bellcrank steering a ball is knocked out

Clearly, with these shortcomings of Winni is failed. But I was expecting much worse and more defects. These deficiencies are fairly easy to fix and I could agree with the examiner an investigation in my workshop - this eliminates the problem with the no longer existing license plates that allowed me 5 days without road test  :D

Thomas

Elandan2

WOW!!  That certainly is a short list!  You will be traveling in no time.  Great work.   :)clap
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Schmitti

@Elendan2:
Thanks, but the list of tech. Defects is short but luckily the Winni is still not finished. I still work off a big to-do list for before I can in the first Hollidays  ;) :)

The defect removal has begun. The parking brake is adjusted and the caliper back completely freely. A new handlebar is made and ordered locate.
Thus, the member may soon be replaced:

Then I have a search on the www. and in this Forum, operated and found out that the mounted spark plugs are totally wrong. The previous owner as well not sure when replacing and I did not know any better.

After I replaced the 8 candles, the engine has been running much smoother and better depends on the gas. Now the ignition and carburetor can be set again.

Thomas

FastGlassman69

Great Job Schmitti! Glad the inspector gave you a little bit of a break! But I can understand them being strict, as when we bought our Winnie the previous owner had a new inspection sticker on it and the brakes were so butchered that I lost them both front and back just trying to drive it up on blocks! Totally redone right now , but glad we didn't hurt anyone else or ourselves. Keep up the great work! Bobby :)clap By the way my father was from Munich and my mother from Dusseldorf!

Schmitti

@FastGlassman69:
Are both very nice cities  ;)

Yes, I'm glad the one hand, this is very strictly our authority - that are already security :)ThmbUp . On the other hand, it can be really annoying if you do not pass because of a scratch in a lamp $@!#@! :laugh: D:oH! .

Thomas

FastGlassman69

Well Schmitti, you must have been able to convince the inspector you were not just playing around when you showed him your craftsmanship! I would imagine this would be the reason he allowed you to do the reinspection at your shop! Bobby :)ThmbUp

Schmitti

Managed, thanks to various and very good help from this forum, I was able to find and raise after finding a suitable replacement part something. Now I have achieved during an investigation, the status "Street Legal"  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thomas

M & J

M & J

Rickf1985

Street legal! That is great to hear. The end of a very long road. Do you have to go through this every year?

joev

GREAT WELL DONE  :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap
glad to hear you have passed the inspection a job well done

FastGlassman69

:)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap Great Job Thomas, we knew you would succeed! Bobby

LJ-TJ

I can't stop grinning. CONGRATULATIONS for a job well don't. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. May you see nothing but Blue Sky's and always have a Tailwind.  :)ThmbUp

Schmitti

Thanks to all and thanks again for your help so far and advice. Without you, everything would have been much more difficult  :)ThmbUp :) :)ThmbUp

@Rick1985:
Yes, the examination of the Winni's must be renewed every year. On the back plate you can see the registration district, as long as the test is still valid and also on the red button is the propane testing - but is valid for two years.
Front:

Back:

Thomas