Schmitti's '76 Winnebago

Started by Schmitti, July 18, 2014, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbragg

Jim & Angel
1987 Winnebago Elandan 37RQ
Kentucky

Schmitti

Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Schmitti

After several months, a new carburetor has arrived at 15 o'clock. Curious, as we were, we went again to Winni. At 18h, the new Edelbrock Thunder 650CFM was adapted and tentatively mounted:

Clearly, then, a short test run was needed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8zSUuE7WUE&feature=youtu.be

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Schmitti

Next go outside of the body. The entire surface is removed using a pad:

After that the contour for the second color Mask:

A few newspapers as "splash guard" to:

Then clean the surfaces with a dilute and apply paint:

After a good-natured drying time, the tape will be removed immediately. So they can not dry with.
Result:

... The transformation has begun  :)

Thomas

Rickf1985

That has the tough painting the side against the wall. Looking good and amazed at how fast things are moving along.

LJ-TJ

Holy Cow! That's FANTASTIC. WOW! AMAZING. I can't believe the work you've done in such a short period of time. Well done mate. :)ThmbUp

jbragg

Outstanding!! Paint looks good. What's next?

Jim & Angel
Kentucky

Schmitti

Thank you for your encouragement  :) .

I gave myself the last 5 days of vacation to get out as quickly. As already mentioned in an earlier post, I have to imagine the Winni, this month at our Automotive Authority :-[ . Accordingly, all work is ongoing at full speed to get everything ready and ready for testing .

What is next? There is still a lot on my todo list.
1) The second color (the bumper laterally and below)
2) Hydro Boost seal
3) Brakes need to be made passable
4) The radiator for the interior heater is leaking - has now been found to be tested with the carburetor
5) two gas lines for the refrigerator and the water heater must still pure
6) a water pump must still be installed and then rinsed all water tanks be
7) the instrument panel has yet to be completed clamped

This must now all be done yet for the exam. If I (the Winni) was then passed, it goes on quite comfortably. The whole roof systems have yet to be assembled, the upholstery covered and even tens of various other small items.

Thomas

Schmitti

The transformation is now over and done with. A little earlier gone home from work and that's the result:

Thomas

LJ-TJ

Now that's what I call a transformation. Defiantly colorful.  ???

Schmitti

If already noticed in Germany, then right ... :D :laugh:

Thomas

LJ-TJ

:D It' defiantly cool. I like it. Like I've said many times over the project. Your doing a great job.

Schmitti

Thank you for your approving words :)ThmbUp

Thomas

jbragg

Looks great! Like the colors. You're doing an excellent job!

Jim & Angel
Kentucky

joev

Looking like the 2015 brave more and more all the time great job

Lefty

It looks very nice Thomas! You have done an astounding job on restoring it. I wish you Good Luck on passing your required inspections, I am sure you will do well.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Schmitti

Thank you all.
Fortunately for the investigation I can use. The German hosts are very meticulous and accurate - especially if it is a US vehicle that already 20years has not been studied  $@!#@!

Thomas

Schmitti

After work and raced again quickly to the little ones and the heater core disassembled to see what is going on with the.
A crack in a copper sheet:

Little things can have great causes - but can also be quickly resolved:

Thomas

Schmitti

The entire weekend was spent in and around the Winni. Countless little things were done.
For example, the roof vents were installed from the water supply. These were glued to the roof and is additionally provided with a sleeve:

It has also been moved to the vent of the refrigerator:

Then at the front edge of the roof of the consoles position lights were bolted and sealed:

Also, of course, back:

So the electrician can do to work now  :)

The lack of gas lines to the fridge and water heater have now been installed as well. According to an official test gas is here now nothing in the way.

Since the Winni yes has tens of castles and, unfortunately, are all provided with a respective key keyring is quite extensive. Here of course I had to remedy - is after my profession. Therefore, I removed all the locks and fitted with an equal closing lock system - so I may in the future include all exterior doors with a key:

Outwardly it was completed up to the mirror again and completely eliminated from the inside - is after all no more construction site. Since Petra was also there, she took the opportunity was right and began with a coarse base cleaning services. Now the Winni is now so because:

Thomas

Oz

When I wen to the Magic Junkyard, I had my Winnebago keys on me.  There were dozens of vintage RVs there, including at least 6 "eyebrow" Winnies.  I found that my compartment key fit the compartments on nearly all the them! 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Schmitti

@ Oz:
In the US, you can find far and wide everything that has to do with Winnebago W% $@!#@! . Here, in Germany it is an absolute exotic. ;)

I have already difficulties to find these clips (or clamps?)  for the hubcaps (snap-on simulators?). If you ever find that in a junkyard, you can free to send me 10 pieces across the pond. :) :)clap

Thomas

Schmitti

After a short break, we continued today. The TÃœV (German technical inspection) required, front tow hook has found its place. For the purchased eyelet I have "only" just quickly, need to create a console.

Then it was the last major construction - the brake system. The Hydro Boost System is back and reinstalled.

After the block was reassembled, it came to filling and bleeding the system ... there came again a check - on the rear axle is a wheel cylinder leaking Accordingly, the Winni tomorrow will be raised again and cut the rear axle, to see where it is leaking is.

Thomas

Schmitti

With high pressure it went today with the important work on. First, the brake was disassembled at the rear axle, cleaned, repaired and reassembled again:

Then the front, the lighting was put into operation on the roof:

... Back then of course:

Following this work, the dashboard was completely wired, the driver's seat and steering wheel mounted again. Suddenly there was this sight:

From. Through the eye of a needle and into the next room to mount the mirrors
Is not that a nice bum :D ?

Thomas

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao Thanks Mate It's been a blast with you sharing with us.

tiinytina

We can make you a nice orange to match eyebrow decal  with silver Winnebago lettering for that if you want... in the store.. we do custom colors... just PM me! also any other custom lettering in vinyl...
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!