Copper fuel line with PVC sleeve ?

Started by circleD, July 07, 2014, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

circleD

Ever since I've been working on and under the RV I've noticed that there was a copper looking tube with 1'' PVC pipe where it went through the frame rails. Now that the main tank is out and I can get in some areas to do more research and when I took the rubber hose that was seized on there off I decided to cut off a little piece of it and sure enough it's copper  i?? . I know there's nothing wrong with it but I don't know if this is factory or not. I'm putting on new fuel line while I'm under there and I think it's 5/16 hose because 1/4 wouldn't hardly fit over the copper line. This is on a 1984 HR Imperial 33 and I'm the 3rd owner with my Uncle being the previous (no modifying from him) and not sure if the original owner did this so let me know anyone has this.

TerryH

Known as the EBPBPFNOEES:
Excess Back Pressure Blowout Plug For NO Equipped  Engine Systems.
i??
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

circleD

That piece of copper is what I cut off with a pipe cutter because I couldn't get the excess rubber hose off. Its 3/8 diameter.

DaveVA78Chieftain

OK, I will bite.  Where did tha copper line go to?
[move][/move]

circleD

From the tank, rubber hose about 2' long then clamped onto the copper line ( in pics ), then at the other end of it were it turns to go into the genny area it goes back to rubber hose. And where it goes through cross members it has PVC pipe as a protector. I pulled it out today and blew it out with the air compressor and its clean! So I'm putting new rubber ends on it then reinstalling it all.

Rickf1985

Shouldn't be a problem. Not stock that I would think but I don't think it would be an issue as long as it is protected and it sounds like it is.