Need step by step and pics to carb clean and rebuild

Started by moonlitcoyote, June 22, 2014, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlitcoyote

I have a 4.0 BGE spec B Onan and I really need to clean out the carb and do whatever it is that your supposed to do to them. But I have no idea how to go about doing it. Has anyone ever taken pics while doing theirs and wrote out a step by step instructions?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Have you read the information in the Service Manual?  965-530, page 6-15

Dave
[move][/move]

moonlitcoyote

I do believe I did back when I first wanted to clean the carb a year or so ago. And we had the carb off but could not figure out how to get the bowl off. We were afraid we were going to break it. So here I am after all this time and I STILL have not got the carb cleaned and rebuilt

DaveVA78Chieftain

The main jet (item 17) holds the bowl to the carburetor body.

You unscrew the main jet and remove it.  You can then remove the bowl from the body.

You will need a overhaul kit before doing this.  It has all the replacement gaskets you will need to put it back together.  Take pictures as you disassemble so you know for sure how to put back together.  Read the manual about all this.  If I recall correctly, Greg's BF carburetor is also made like this.

However, did you determine why the fuse was blowing?

Dave
[move][/move]

moonlitcoyote

I did just re-read the manual. (there are still parts I dont understand.) Will have to find a rebuild kit before I start.

No I did not figure out the fuse problem yet. I brought my fuse to the store today (in my pocket) to buy some more fuses and wouldnt you know it, I had a hole in my pocket just big enough for the fuse to slide out if it was straight up and down in my pocket. So when I went to pull the fuse out of my pocket to find the right fuses it was gone. So I have to find out what size fuse and go back again tomorrow to find some.