77 Minnie Winnie 360 2BBL or 4 BBL Carburator?

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 26, 2008, 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 5/8/2003 9:29 PM

Hi Group!

I just picked up a 1977 20' Minnie Winnie and had a question.. My RV has a 360 engine with a 2BBL carb. I was almost sure this was supposed to be a 4bbl. Anyone out there know anything about the 77 Class Cs to tell me what's up??

Thanks!

Chris Long

Sent: 5/8/2003 10:28 PM

I don't know exactly what was or was not supposed to be on that motor.  However, having a 440 with a 4bbl, I can safely say this...

If you have what you feel to be enough power out to that powerplant. I would leave well enough alone. I would think a 4bbl is going to severely drop your fuel mileage and that a huge hit on your travel budget.  Having made a few minor trips getting around 4 mpg,  the thought of the 2000 mile trip I'm planning this summer to Florida is keeping me up at night and it's delayed my trip by a few months now while I literally save up the money for the fuel.  These things are about as aerodynamic as a barn door, so they'll never get Honda fuel mileage, but, even a couple mpg's would make a huge impact on my budget.

I may be mistaken here, I'm no mechanic.  It's possible that a well tuned 4bbl won't affect your mpg that much.  Just something to think about.   The best part of owning an RV is the freedom to hit the road on a long trip and not have to worry about hotels, bathroom breaks, restaurants, etc.  It's all with you.   It's a shame to have to worry about the fuel expenses, but at darn near $2.00 a gallon in some parts of the country.  It's a fact of life.  It's cheaper for me to fly right now.

Jeff

Sent: 5/8/2003 10:49 PM

It could have originally been either way, 2bbl or 4bbl. Check the letter in the 5th digit of your VIN#. The letter "K" would mean it was originally equipped with a 360-3 which carried a 2bbl carb. (the dash 3 means premium motorhome/truck unit)

Other possibilities:
G = 318-3 2bbl
T = 360 4bbl