Cannot locate the fuse box for a 1973 Winnebago Brave D20

Started by xerofall, June 04, 2014, 02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xerofall

I've seen the diagrams, says they are in the back. But I cannot see what looks like a fuse box. Here is what's in the back...

I read on another thread the 1975 has one near the drivers seat.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Rigs that have, or had, the PD 699 Power Center had all fuses in the PD 699 itself.
http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,9224.0.html

That add-on PD 682 makes me suspect you originally had a PD 699.

Dave
[move][/move]

xerofall

No breaker box by the gaucho... Here's what I've got.

All wires go into the converter. I cannot get it to power with shore power.

I have pushed and pulled the buttons in and out. Nothing. But where would you replace a blown dash light fuse? Stuff like that...

DaveVA78Chieftain

Chassis fuses (automotive stuff) is in fuse box under dash mounted to the steering column.
Yes that is PD 699 so those pushbutton CB's are your house DC fuse breakers.

Dave
[move][/move]

xerofall

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on June 04, 2014, 11:05 PMRigs that have, or had, the PD 699 Power Center had all fuses in the PD 699 itself.http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,9224.0.htmlThat add-on PD 682 makes me suspect you originally had a PD 699.Dave

Dude, that helps me, thank you!!

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on June 04, 2014, 11:11 PM
Chassis fuses (automotive stuff) is in fuse box under dash mounted to the steering column.
Yes that is PD 699 so those pushbutton CB's are your house DC fuse breakers.

Dave

I finally located the other fuse box, it was tucked way under the drivers side dash, how the hell do they expect me to get under there? Haha! Maybe there weren't fat people in 1973? Hahaha
:D

Here it is and with a bunch of blown fuses. I went ahead and replaced all 10 just in case.

It has enough wiring to relocate it to an easier location so I don't have to be a Chinese acrobat contortionist to replace them in the future... lol

So one last question, can the house DC fuses be replaced on that PD699 unit or should I bite the bullet and upgrade to the ones in your link? I have lots to replace, so if I can salvage what I can, I'd like to try.

DaveVA78Chieftain

They are pushbutton circuit breakers.  Are they defective?  To determine if they are good or bad you would have to measure the voltage on the input side of the breaker to see if it is even there.

Dave
[move][/move]

xerofall

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on June 05, 2014, 09:05 PM
They are pushbutton circuit breakers.  Are they defective?  To determine if they are good or bad you would have to measure the voltage on the input side of the breaker to see if it is even there.

Dave

Thanks so much for your help. I have a lot more confidence now about this whole thing. Once this is tackled I move onto the furnace and fridge. I already know the water heater is broken and I'm getting a refurbished one from a local classified.

LJ-TJ

xerofall

Got the converter all figured out... since the coach battery wasn't working, the converter circuits weren't closed and functioning. As soon as I got the new batteries in, the converter worked and the shore power was flowing!!!

I'm kind of silly not thinking of that before.

Lehman brave

I am just now having a big issue with my 72 brave I came in last yesterday to the water pump running dry. Then I had not power to my water tanks or thermostat or fridge I am a complete newbie and could use some advice as where to start.