Memorial Day Camping

Started by chicknnhead, May 19, 2014, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicknnhead

Anyone heading out for memorial Day camping?

we are!. brought the Rv home yesterday, start getting it ready for the weekend.

we are heading here: http://www.pinelakesresort.com/ 
was there about 9 years ago before it was a Yogi bear place, so we are excited to see how things are.
I have a 12yr old boy and 5 yr old girl...both love to camp so everyone is pumped

should be about 2 hour drive for us.

hope everyone has a chance to get and camp this weekend

Stripe

Have fun! Look forward to the pics.
I'll be working that weekend.. :(
With my K-9... :D
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DonD

Heading to a local SP for a 4X4 club run in the Mingus and Sedona area. 4 nights!

Same destination as last year:

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

chip2lane

We are going to skid away island state park in Georgia.  Have everything ready on the coach.

Lefty

We are leaving June 3rd for Chattanooga,Tn. And then on June 5th we will be staying in Ware's Valley (Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Tn. area) until July 5th. The 5th Wheel is ready, all that's left is to pressure wash the exterior and awning.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Froggy1936

Hey Lefty a beautiful place there dont miss Dollywood and for aspecial treat a drive over the mountain to Cherokee and you might win (or loose) a couple bucks  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Lefty

I've been there many, many times. As a kid, my family went to Gatlinburg at least once or twice a year. My sister owns a cabin there within walking distance of Gatlinburg, we have all been going there every Spring, 4th of July, Fall and Christmas for almost 20yrs. But there's not enough room in her driveway for our 5th wheel, so we are going to be staying in a campground.
The road to Cherokee from Gatlinburg has some great views, especially as you near Clingman's Dome. The Nature Trail Drive is also a favorite of ours, we usually see a lot of deer and bears there.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

73dodgeTitan

Heading out tomorrow morning for Delfest in Cumberland Maryland!! 

M & J

Leaving Friday afternoon for a weekend of camping and buggy trail riding.

BTW, nice how gas shot up 15 cents per gallon today here.
M & J

chicknnhead

working my list, one night left to go

Check Fluids in RV
Wash RV- CHECK
Tighten Bolt on Trailer Jack
armor all tires
Windex windows
DE winterize- CHECK
Clean out RV from winter - CHECK
Check tire pressures-CHECK
load trailer behind RV- CHECK
Check all lights on RV and Trailer(not sure why sense I will be driving in the day, but what the hell)
LOAD RV

legomybago

QuoteBTW, nice how gas shot up 15 cents per gallon today here.

It's not a coincidence....they are just switching from winter blend to summer blend :)rotflmao

Oh wait, They are just doing some scheduled maintenance on a refinery :)rotflmao Since we can't build a NEW one here in the states... They always seem to do that just before travel weekends W%

We are going to the family cabin thats on a lake, no RV this weekend i??
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Stripe

Me n K will be simulating a camp-out n the drive way as I will be working that day..
Fredric,

Oz

Bummer... but, I know what that's like.  Did it plenty of times and that was okay too.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Patti and I will STILL be camping in Muskogee, OK, and working the entire weekend, all three days, at the Renaissance Faire at The Castle.  No rest for the wicked!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

pvoth1111

Always Camping.....even on the holidays.....might even get to beach....(right across the street)
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

davecaprita

For everyone camping this weekend and those of us who wish we were, perhaps take a moment and say a small prayer or thank you for those who have served our nation and for those that made the ultimate sacrifice.  In spite of hard times and difficulties, we are a fortunate people in a nation of exceptional Americans. Hat tip to our friends north of the border and the UK.   

Safe travels.     

TerryH

Thank you on your holiday weekend for your
"hat tip to our friends north of the border"

The border between the USA and Canada is referred to as the "International Boundary".
It is the longest border in the world.
It is also the longest UNDEFENDED border in the world.
Based on the world situation today I can only say I am, and my daughter is very fortunate to live in and be a citizen of one of these two countries.
Also, as per Davecaprita, Thanks to the UK and all other countries and people whose major desire is to see (hopefully in our lifetime)
PEACE

Happy Memorial Day

Terry
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Stripe

I will be saluting my fellow Veterans that day..
Fredric,

DonD

A good time was had by all, a bit of smoke from a wildfire but the wx was great and The Magic Bus performed beautifully.
Ready to roll..

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Oz

Fun stuff, right there!  (BTW - Does the picture using the side-view mirror count as a "Selfie"?   :)rotflmao   )
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

M & J

Our 2 1/2 days of fun. First time out this year for Betty. Furnace didn't ignite - will have to check that out sometime - was really cold at night despite the upper 70's during the day.

Fresh water smelled like sulpher - never had that before - again, I"ll peruse the forums. I opened the drain on the way home. I purged the tank of antifreeze and sanitized so that's on the list. We drink bottled water so wasn't that big of a deal.
M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

Looks like a lot of fun was had by many!
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL DonD!  I think I could fit your Samurai in the back of my K5 and still close the tailgate.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

chicknnhead

had a great time over the weekend, weather was perfect except for a 2 hour rain sunday morning. getting there was interesting crossing a narrow bridge, I did manage to keep it in the lane though. had my foot in the thing the whole time, made awesome time, but paid the price with 7mpg. I was just to excited, if I keep my foot out of it I get 11mpg.
the camp site was right on the lake and just 5 spots down from the beach. had a great time.

few pics for folks that like pics

we sure can make a mess after a long weekend with a beach.....

DaveVA78Chieftain

Quotewe sure can make a mess after a long weekend with a beach.....

I thought that was part of having fun!  :)

Dave
[move][/move]